Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Full Charge had more mileage than first full charge!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First full charge 1 week after I got the car was at 306 miles.

After two months of driving, this morning I have a trip and charged to full to a surprising 313 miles.

In that two month span I did get supercharging once.

I'm kind of surprised my battery hasn't degraded as fast as I thought!

Then what is the reason for an increase in range? I've been driving down the highway before and witnessed my range increase by a mile. What may be the cause of that?
It can also be due to random variation. I have seen between 306 and 312 on range charges and between 274 - 282 on a 90% Charge. Virtually all numbers vary around a mean and you need a lot of data to determine trends. I see this even more on my Roadster.

• Helpful
Reactions: halfricanguy
So to add some data to this thread. Owner since February and have almost 10k miles.

Typically charge at home 70%-90%. Have used a dozen supercharges on road trips. Have full charged 6 times.

Range shows 313.

For comparison my 2016 S60d never showed 218 miles on a full charge. Most was 216 and at 10k miles in I was down to 208. By 20k miles it was 201.

Federate rebate dependant of course, I will not buy my Model X till it’s refreshed with the 2170 battery.

• Informative
Reactions: halfricanguy