Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Second Hand Exhaust

I’m writing this because I think we should start viewing gas (including diesel) automobile exhaust as an avoidable pollution which is bad for anyone nearby. Here is a list of items I feel we should consider pursuing with local, state and federal governments. Please add to these.

1) Require a label on gas automobiles which states “ WARNING - use of this product may be harmful to your health and the health of those nearby. Do not operate in an enclosed space - Can cause Death.”
2) Change HV lanes to EV lanes.
3) Ban use of gas automobiles during heavy traffic times in downtown areas.
4) Ban use of gas automobiles during heavy traffic times on interstates. We are just sitting there breathing pollution. We need to limit use of gas automobiles to as short a time as possible and in their most efficient mode which is not sitting in rush hour traffic.
5) Ban use of gas automobiles during heavy traffic times in national parks.
6) Raise the gas tax to discourage use and fund health programs for asthma and other respiratory illnesses. Also, use gas tax revenue to fund educational programs and ads about the dangers of gas automobiles.
7) Ban advertisements of gas automobiles in all forms of media (I.e. billboards, tv, radio, print, internet, etc.)
8) Encourage the use of alternative fuel vehicles in new movies and tv shows.