Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second hand market coming to its senses?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing that options are £0 value on s/h market, but do any of the s/h valuation companies take into account options like tow bar, fsd/eap and second set of (winter) wheels - I guess latter are best sold separately?
I don’t see any slot on any site to show FSD/EAP as an extra. Tesla trade in on mine today with 8175 miles is £41.3K.
That said, if vision only FSD/EAP/AP fails to deliver, it will likely have a catastrophic effect on values.

Reactions: MrBadger
On the other hand due to the Pound slump vs USD, we can expect some major increases our way on new Teslas, I would expect this to be reflected back in the second hand market in due course...
The pound slump - This will be temporary and is just the money men/women making a nuisance of themselves as normal, they can't help themselves but do stupid things and overreact to pretty much every change. I'm not a fan of Liz Truss but i do see that if government do the same things every time, then we get the same result - she is either visionary or brave to try something new, however - this slump - the pound was 1.13 against the dollar - last I looked it was 1.09 - so less than half a penny - and before you know it, we will be back to normal.

Many extras on cars add very little at trade in - the savvy buy the cheapest and hold onto it for years,
The average person plums for mid range and maybe has one or two additions that they really want and will use - but not expecting the value of their car to be better than others when sold - just a tad more desirable and maybe sell a bit quicker.
Then there are those Petrol heads - (you can still be a petrol head with a BEV IMO) They go for top of the range, have everything available and then personalise their car with further aftermarket paraphernalia, most of which doesn't get used but it's there just in case - find the right person to sell to and there will be an uplift on the price - but not a lot.
The Value of anything is what people are prepared to pay for it - and that changes like the weather.