Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Key doors do not present - or do anything except drive the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have two keys obviously - had the car 4 months now and I simply cannot get my key to present the doors -open any of the trunks or do anything other than drive the car. Doors will not lock when I walk away either. Wife's key works fine -

Car will run - but I need to lock the doors manually even if I put the key in an RFID blocker -

I cant even use the key to unlock the charging port - all that has to happen with the app.

Can anyone let me know whats going on?

Have you tried unlocking the doors after you put the key on the windshield (described in the manual for a fob with a low battery) to see if it can recognize and then present the doors?

It wouldn't answer why the fob won't lock the doors though...

Have you tried unlocking the doors after you put the key on the windshield (described in the manual for a fob with a low battery) to see if it can recognize and then present the doors?

It wouldn't answer why the fob won't lock the doors though...

I'll go try that- but it doesn't explain any of the other behaviors - and the car was delivered 4 months ago today! low remote battery would be rather frustrating!