TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Second Key doors do not present - or do anything except drive the car

Discussion in 'Model S' started by comanchepilot, Apr 9, 2018.

1. comanchepilot

comanchepilot Member

We have two keys obviously - had the car 4 months now and I simply cannot get my key to present the doors -open any of the trunks or do anything other than drive the car. Doors will not lock when I walk away either. Wife's key works fine -

Car will run - but I need to lock the doors manually even if I put the key in an RFID blocker -

I cant even use the key to unlock the charging port - all that has to happen with the app.

Can anyone let me know whats going on?

2. neusmell

neusmell Member

Have you tried unlocking the doors after you put the key on the windshield (described in the manual for a fob with a low battery) to see if it can recognize and then present the doors?

It wouldn't answer why the fob won't lock the doors though...

3. comanchepilot

comanchepilot Member

I'll go try that- but it doesn't explain any of the other behaviors - and the car was delivered 4 months ago today! low remote battery would be rather frustrating!