Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Ottawa Area Tesla Owners Get Together - Oct 4, 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we had a great turnout today. A dozen cars and 25 people for lunch.

We started at 10 am at the Ottawa Ikea - grand opening of the new charging stations. There are two Sun Country 60A stations, which is great! They're also talking about expanding the stations if there is sufficient demand. (Sorry for the glare - it's something of a difficult location for good photos... and I probably need to clean my lens.)

IMG_4410.JPG

Then we took a beautiful drive through the country along Country Road 10 (Perth Road). For those not familiar, it includes probably the most beautiful view of any Ontario highway coming down into Westport. If you continue South it's also a great low traffic / low power usage route for going to/from Southern Ontario - it's just as fast as taking the 416, and you pop out right at the Kingston Supercharger.

We arrived and started squeezing our cars into the tiny restaurant parking lot. Some chose to park on the street.

IMG_4415.JPG

We then settled in for some fun conversation and Turkey lunch with a Tesla view.

IMG_4421.JPG

Then we popped over to a nearby parking lot for some photo ops.

IMG_4427.JPG

Add in the people...
IMG_4438.JPG

And silly hats...
IMG_4442.JPG

Then another lovely drive back to Ottawa. Beautiful drive again. Thanks Bob for organizing another successful event!

The Montreal SC is having a winter tire changeover day in Ottawa on Nov. 14th, not sure of what the logistics will be but they may have everyone that wants a tire change go to a specific location.
I have contacted Montreal SC about this and Nov 14th is confirmed, but the location has yet to be chosen. But they will only install mounted tires, so basically someone will be there with a jack and an impact gun... I'm disappointed since I would have liked to see Tesla with a portable tire-mounting machine.