TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Second row cup holders and USB charge ports now standard on new Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 121GWTS, Dec 26, 2016.

1. 121GWTS

121GWTS Member

Hello all,

Great news... I just picked up my new AP 2.0 Model S on Christmas Eve (yes, I LOVE it!!!!!) and to my surprise and delight, Elon gave us an unexpected Christmas present: the second row cup holders and two USB chargers were factory installed on the rear side of the center console!! So awesome!!!

When we ordered our car in October, rear cup holders were not in the demo car on the show floor, and we were told they were not included. I know that those owners of pre-facelift Model S who ordered a retrofit new center console got cup holders as part of the upgrade, but until recently, new cars didn't have them (something about Tesla using up their existing supply of old parts). It appears that they've used up the old parts, and new owners now get the fully upgraded center console with all features including rear cup holders and USB chargers.

I hope this helps all those who have recently ordered, or who are about to order!

• Like x 3
  2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Got mine on my MS delivered in mid- September.

3. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Happy for you on the delivery of your S, but yeah, this is old news. I think it happened with the facelift. The car you were in during your test drive must have been old.

4. Haxster

Haxster Member

It was on mine when I picked it up from the factory last week.

However, when the cup holders are retracted, it rattles on rough roads. You can force the rattle by pounding on the top of the console. I haven't found any obvious way to dampen it (other than leaving the cup holders open). Does anyone else have this rattle and found a way to fix it (other than taking it in for service)?

5. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Yes and they rattle loudly too! I've stuffed a rag in the cup holders and jammed it shut to deaden the rattle until my fist service visit. Seriously Tesla.....

6. 121GWTS

121GWTS Member

Nope, we were in a facelift car in October. And there are other threads on TMC forum indicating that others who bought new facelift Model S did not get the rear cup holders.

7. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Yea, my August facelifted car does not have them either.

8. Haxster

Haxster Member

Part of Premium Upgrade Package?

9. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Sorry I wasn't clear in my response above. Mine was the FIRST MS reported to get rear cupholders and USB charging-only ports in mid-September...

Finally! The new rear cupholders!

10. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

This is how Tesla should have solved the cupholder issue! No rattles.

Attached Files: