TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

second row seats unlached (rear facing child seat)

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by FaceACA, Oct 2, 2016.

1. FaceACA

FaceACA Member

I can't put an adult in the 2nd row because I get a "second row seats unlached" error message.

It won't "lach" unless I move it far enough back to press against the rear facing car seat. Has anyone solved this issue?

2. FaceACA

FaceACA Member

* unlatched don't see an edit option

3. Nader

Nader Member

You gotta put rear facing sears in the middle row. Then slide everyone's seats forward a bit give some room for Adults in the 3rd row. This is with a 6 seater and assuming quick release car seat. Baby goes in last.

4. FaceACA

FaceACA Member

That's what I figured after trial and error. Just wish we were not misinformed by the sales rep.

5. davidc18

davidc18 Member

We had an MX loaner for the weekend so we could test out our car seats. Discovered that the 6 seat configuration was perfect for our 3 boys (one car seat, one booster seat). Our oldest had to keep his legs in between the second row seats as there is really no leg room behind the second row when they are "latched".

6. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

You can adjust the second row by using the adjustment on the SIDE of the seat, not the one at the top of the seat back. You must first make sure they are latched with the upper switch, then adjust forward with the lower switch or from the screen.

7. outie

outie Member

And you have to do that every time they get in the car?