Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Secret "Autopilot Metrics" FSD Criteria?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought FSD with my '19 Model 3, and have been enrolled in the FSD beta queue for some time. I have an excellent safety score (98) with >100 miles of driving, but still haven't been added to the beta, so I contacted support through the app to ask why. Here's there response:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Service. We appreciate your passion for Tesla and willingness to support the FSD Beta Program. The Tesla team will analyze your vehicle driving data including Autopilot metrics and Safety Score; it will not be solely based on one or the other. With each FSD Beta release we will gradually expand the limited early access FSD Beta user base; starting with the most conservative scoring drivers to the least based on Safety Score and Autopilot usage metrics. Safety is Tesla's top priority, so we plan to rollout FSD Beta conservatively in the safest way possible. We will continue to expand the user base as we gain more feedback and mileage.

This is the first I had heard of unspecified other "Autopilot metrics" being a factor for inclusion in the FSD beta. I thought it was just based on safety score. Has Tesla discussed this before, or does anybody have an idea of what those metrics might be?

I bought FSD with my '19 Model 3, and have been enrolled in the FSD beta queue for some time. I have an excellent safety score (98) with >100 miles of driving, but still haven't been added to the beta, so I contacted support through the app to ask why. Here's there response:

This is the first I had heard of unspecified other "Autopilot metrics" being a factor for inclusion in the FSD beta. I thought it was just based on safety score. Has Tesla discussed this before, or does anybody have an idea of what those metrics might be?
I assume they are just talking about the Autosteer requirement (unclear if that is in a 30-day window or not):

To enroll: You must meet the following FSD Eligibility Requirements below and request access on your vehicle via the “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.

• Vehicle must have Full Self-Driving Capability (subscription or one-time purchase)
  • Full-Self Driving Computer
  • Eligible Safety Score
  • At least 100 miles driven on Autosteer

As usual, Elon’s pronouncements about expansion to SS80+ have not come to pass. The leading theory AFAICT is that this is due to software version rollback (they don’t like to do that). Stop updating your software.

That is an awesome palindrome.

Upvote 0

It is actually quite amazing that you got a response! You need 100 miles on Autopilot w autosteer. Not just 100 miles total.

Reactions: DarkForest
Upvote 1
I did a couple of longer trips, a 300 and then a 500 mi trip within a couple of weeks. I used FSD for 90% of those miles and my safety score was in the low nineties. The next morning after the 500mi trip, I wake up to an unexpected FSDb download (10.69.2.1). Not sure if the trips did it, but maybe take a couple of long drives somewhere and use lots of FSD

Upvote 0
I use AutoPilot/AutoSteer roughly 80% of the time, even in city driving. My Safety Score is 99. The only thing keeping me from getting into the FSDb group is the fact that I'm running 2022.28.2 (I believe that's what's holding me back). I'm hopeful that 10.69.3 will be based on 2022.28.x or later and I'll get in... The roads where I live are very well marked and are mostly 2-lane highway type roads that I believe would be pretty simple for FSDb to handle (not much traffic, very few pedestrians, etc.). I'm excited to try FSDb to see how it handles my "easy driving" scenarios here.

Reactions: clydeiii
Upvote 0