Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sector111 Spherical MONOball A-Arm Bushings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't have any rattles or creaks to start with but I did have a very hard and harsh ride whenever I hit bumps or uneven surfaces. Switching out the stock shocks for Nitrons helped, but it was the combination of both a good set of shocks / springs combined with the spherical bushings that made the difference. Its expensive if you can't do this job yourself but totally worth it and the handing becomes incredibly tight with this upgrade. The bumps are not an issue anymore since the suspension does not stick or bind ( what stock bushings did) which allows the shock to fully absorb and dampen the impact as it should. It gets setup for the next bump much better since the dampening is not restricted.

Finally got my Powerflex Black bushings Lotus Elise Front and Rear Control Arm Bushing and Nitron Adjustable Suspension Kit Lotus Elise S2/S Suspension Nitron Racing Shocks USA
installed yesterday.

WOW, just wow (and I haven't even had the car corner balanced and aligned yet).

My rear Bilsteins (at 78k miles) were definitely tired, but I do not recall feeling this planted with perfect feedback even when I first bought the Roadster. The new bushings also take the harshness out of hitting road imperfections.

Not a cheap repair/upgrade, but about what Tesla wanted to just replace the rear stock Bilsteins and now I have adjustables with new bushings all around :)

Reactions: Gabner and tvuolo
My rear Bilsteins (at 78k miles) were definitely tired, but I do not recall feeling this planted with perfect feedback even when I first bought the Roadster. The new bushings also take the harshness out of hitting road imperfections.
Feeling more planted with better feedback is hard to do at the same time as taking the harshness out of hitting road imperfections. Do you think less harshness is is due to the new shocks? And more firmly planted is due to shocks and bushings?

Feeling more planted with better feedback is hard to do at the same time as taking the harshness out of hitting road imperfections. Do you think less harshness is is due to the new shocks? And more firmly planted is due to shocks and bushings?
I think the harshness was due to the OEM bushings being the wrong tool for the job. I always had a louder bang coming from the right rear over bumps and when we pulled the upper control arm you could see where it was making metal-to-metal contact with the frame. I'm sure there were less obvious instances of that in other locations also.

The more firmly planted I attribute to the stiffer shocks (although I currently only have them about 1/3 from stiffest, which is what was recommended). I'm sure some of it is due to the bushings as well as "new vs old" bias.