Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Securing spare tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a way of securing a full size spare tire so it doesn’t slide around in the trunk? In my last car, I used a ratcheting cargo bar to hold stuff in the trunk:
In the Y trunk, the upper plastic trim doesn’t have anything solid behind it to hold the bar. The lower carpeted part of the walls are too close together that the bar is too long.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Does anyone have a way of securing a full size spare tire so it doesn’t slide around in the trunk? In my last car, I used a ratcheting cargo bar to hold stuff in the trunk:
In the Y trunk, the upper plastic trim doesn’t have anything solid behind it to hold the bar. The lower carpeted part of the walls are too close together that the bar is too long.
Leave it at home. Unless you live next to an active construction site, with nails and screws strewn around on the roads, tires these days don't go flat. I don't know about you, but I haven't had a flat in a dozen years. I've owned 4 Teslas, none with a spare tire, and never missed them. A spare tire sliding around in the rear of the car can become a killer in an accident, besides taking up room one might need for other things. Leave it at home.

• Disagree
Reactions: positiv