TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Security breach at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mibaro2, Sep 9, 2014.

1. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

If you used a credit card at Home Depot after April 1 2014 (in the U.S. or Canada ), you can get fraud protection for free at https://homedepot.allclearid.com/ .

Apparently you will get a year free of coverage (paid by Home Depot) for this inconvenience.

I went there once during that time period, so I registered.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The same people who were supposedly "safeguarding" your credit card data (like Experian and other credit agencies) have purchased credit card "protection" protection companies and want to sell you their "services".

I wouldn't buy anything from allclearid.com.i wouldn't even bother if it's free. They are not going to "protect" you from anything.

3. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

It's the first time I heard anything about allclearid (positive or negative). Anyway, if you don't sign up, take a 2nd glance at your credit card statements for any fraudulent transactions.

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I had 4 cards compromised at Target last year. Three of which had fraudulent attempted charges. And one that got through that I had to catch.

Yes do monitor your statements closely. My fraudulent charges were all under $25. And a bunch were at gas stations!