Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Security Suggestion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the valet mode that requires security code to change. I would suggest that a security option be made for the remote access off/on. That way no one could shut off the remote access button without the security code. Great for theft prevention. Am I missing anything with this idea?

...I would suggest that a security option be made for the remote access off/on...

Current Valet option already took your suggestion so no one can change your "Mobile Access" setting:

0cnwyBj.jpg

You can request this feature using the “note” voice command from inside your Tesla.
And when does someone ‘see’ that? I’ve been told that those and ‘bug report’ only get looked at when logs are downloaded from the car. Making them useless. If so, this sucks since I used to use this to report where AP was messing up but it needs to work in near real-time.

And when does someone ‘see’ that? I’ve been told that those and ‘bug report’ only get looked at when logs are downloaded from the car. Making them useless. If so, this sucks since I used to use this to report where AP was messing up but it needs to work in near real-time.
From what I’ve read they look at them regularly. Your car is constantly sending data to Tesla. :p

From what I’ve read they look at them regularly. Your car is constantly sending data to Tesla. :p
And like I said, I've been told repeated they are never 'looked at' and have to be retrieved manually. So, you need to provide a current source if you think otherwise. People on TMC have said 'note' and 'bug report' do nothing currently in real time.

'Data' is not 'user entered comments', sorry.

One of the guys at Tesla center in Dallas runs the fleet of loaners. He said he would love it if the rem
Current Valet option already took your suggestion so no one can change your "Mobile Access" setting:

0cnwyBj.jpg
great point; that probably helps most of the time. I discussed this with the guy that ran the loaner fleet at the Dallas Tesla Service Center said he would like to disable the ability of the fleet users to shut off the remote access. There are times when I forget to turn on the valet mode. I would like the security feature to be separate for remote access - I would leave it locked to allow remote access all the time

I love the valet mode that requires security code to change. I would suggest that a security option be made for the remote access off/on. That way no one could shut off the remote access button without the security code. Great for theft prevention. Am I missing anything with this idea?
I would second this suggestion. Kind of like Apple iOS asks you to enter password before turning off find my iPhone capability. This would be an welcomed feature for Tesla vehicles. Now, the thief can still physically remove the SIM thus disabling cellualar data, but that is a little bit harder to do. It would also make the car less useful as it won't be able to get updates, except through wifi, which then remote acccess should still work.