Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Security to the Max?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to be having issues with Sentry settings. It appears to be so sensitive that if I park within one space of a cart return at the grocery my alarm triggers. Not every once in a while, I mean five or six times while I’m in the store. I can only assume it’s a combination of sound and movement. Viewing the videos don’t show anyone even really getting close to the car.

I don’t like the idea of turning it off, but i don’t like it going off all the time either. Any ideas?

Change where you park. I never park close to the cart corral, I stay away from it to avoid roaming carts from hitting my MY. I always park further away and uphill, and walk a bit extra to avoid that kind of stuff. Then if sentry is going off, I know it is less likely to be a false alarm and more likely to be a curious busybody.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
DaveORD that is a good solution that I will apply when I can. However, I am faced with using wheelchair parking at times for my passenger. I did have one instance of multiple alarms simply because of the number of people walking by.

Too bad there isn’t a way to adjust the sensitivity.