Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Security wheel nuts, USB PORT, multi USB PORTS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avfcbez

M3P MULTICOAT RED
Mar 4, 2022
uk
Has anyone fitted security locking wheel nuts to their Tesla, I have yet to check if mine has them fitted, I have 20’ turbines fitted and wondered if there where any particular specifics I need to know if I buy and fit any.

I am also looking for the USB port in the glove box for the dash cam but can’t find it any ideas? There looks to be a small square cut in the fabric in the very bottom left of the glove box but I can’t remove it.

if I can’t find the one in the glove box can anyone recommend a multi USB PORT for the centre consol I have found the attached has anyone brought similar of recommend one

Regards

D

Attachments

• CAF93838-362F-4DB6-B45B-53FAFC498D7E.png
    CAF93838-362F-4DB6-B45B-53FAFC498D7E.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
  • BCDFF3E2-6636-461C-B7A2-4C383CE845C2.png
    BCDFF3E2-6636-461C-B7A2-4C383CE845C2.png
    948.3 KB · Views: 101
I think the glovebox USB port was added in late 2020, so you don't have one. The manual doesn't specify when it was added. You should have 4 USB ports in the console, two in the front and two in back. Only the front ones can be used for the dashcam or media playback, the other 2 are for charging only.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
I can't remember when Glovebox USB was introduced
my 2019 doesn't have it

I'd be a bit weary of Telsa USB Hubs touting that they have a "USB-C" connection
unless your M3 all ready has USB-C
Tesla M3's with USB-A ports can't provide USB-C power levels

Data/power on only 2 ports the rest are power only

Taptes pro has data and power on all ports USB-A only

The glovebox USB was added in December 2020 for the 2021 “model year” cars. I don’t know if the manual in the car is specific to your model year, but the online versions are not (except in the case of legacy vs. 2021+ refresh S/X cars).

I can't remember when Glovebox USB was introduced
my 2019 doesn't have it

I'd be a bit weary of Telsa USB Hubs touting that they have a "USB-C" connection
unless your M3 all ready has USB-C
Tesla M3's with USB-A ports can't provide USB-C power levels

Data/power on only 2 ports the rest are power only

Taptes pro has data and power on all ports USB-A only
That’s a great link will look at purchasing, will need to see if available in the UK, THANKS FOR THE ADVISE.

Hi
Found them on eBay and Amazon but they have the hub not the pro hub. I have contacted Andy at TAPTES and he is going to get in touch with their D&D team and let them know I am after one as out of stock at present.