Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Secutiry Alarm Turns On With Sentry - False Alarms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Freewheeler

Vendor
Supporting Member
May 22, 2020
New York
I've seen variations of alarm issues on the other forums but can't seem to get a resolution to this. I've read that Sentry and Security Alarm are separate things, but I can't have one without the other it seems.

[Version 2020.24.6.5] I have toggles for both Sentry and Security Alarm. When I turn Sentry on it also turns on security alarm and greys it out so I can't turn it off. When I turn Sentry off I can then turn the security alarm off, but when I turn Sentry back on the alarm is toggled back on.

So my wife is away on her first road trip visiting her family and the alarm has been going off constantly (no motion, noise, people, etc. in the vicinity). I had to keep turning it off on my phone when I received alerts, then I had my wife turn off Sentry Mode entirely to avoid the Security Alarm. I would prefer to have Sentry only with no alarm but it doesn't seem possible, and the falsing is so brutal it's rendering the car security system entirely unusable.

Also, I have COP on which I've read can't be used with the SA, but they are both on and clearly both functioning. I could maybe see the compressor setting off the alarm, but it goes off randomly when the cabin is in the 70s. Very embarrassing intro to the wife and family.

Can I get Sentry on with the alarm off?

The Alarm and Sentry sensitivities cannot be adjusted so I don't use them anymore because I had too many false alarms.

I use instead a Dashcam (Blackvue DR900S) connected to the Cloud providing the following capabilities:

- The Dashcam motion and choc detection sensitivity can be adjusted.
- The video image is divided in zones that you select or remove to avoid false positive.
- Every time an event is triggered you receive an alarm on your phone.
- You can check remotely the videos recording or get a life video stream of the front or the rear.​

The Alarm and Sentry receive continually some improvements but so far I use Sentry recording only when driving.

Thanks. I guess I could have asked a more simple question: Is it possible to turn on sentry w/o security? I like the built-in cameras and would rather not add a third-party system. I just need it to show the sentry screen and record encounters but not set off alarms.