Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

See a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gearchruncher

Sep 20, 2016
Seattle, WA
My Model X is getting Lemon Law'd, and we're trying to decide between an S,X, or 3 as the replacement. Have a Model 3 invite to configure, so I have that option but haven't seen one yet. Anyone know if any Seattle area Tesla stores have one, or is there anyone willing to show off theirs to me for 30 minutes?

Thanks!

We have had a few meetups with model 3 owners at the Lynnwood supercharger so you might want to stick around for one of those.

But if you don't mind, I'd be interested to hear some details on your MX lemon. What happened, what couldn't be fixed, etc.?

Anyone know if there is a SC meetup this weekend and if a 3 will be there?

The lemon law is a combo of the fact that the driver FWD acts up a lot, to the point that last Friday it wouldn't open at all, and all the misleading statements Tesla made over the car around AP2 timelines when I bought an AP1 car. Tesla has tried to repair the FWD 4 times over the last 6 months and they've made it worse every time. The passenger FWD is fine so it's not just mis-understanding how the sensors work or anything. I even got a few "no problem found" reports where I walked out to the car to pick it up and the door would hardly open right in their own service parking lot.

Given my frustration with FWD, trying to see if a sedan can work for the family. Given my frustration with Tesla the company, trying to see if I can stomach another Tesla. The cheaper Model 3 might allow me a lot more mental flexibility with the company.

Sorry to hear about your X. We had one on pre-order for years, though after the private TM demos to accelerate configuring we had to cancel due to my wife’s exacting expectations and lack of fold flat seats.

Had impromptu chats at Monroe SC today with my wife’s 3. Where are you located? We’re east side now, though could be persuaded out. Pm details.

There are a few 3s around.
I would be tempted to check out the Seattle & Bellevue Service Centers Back/Delivery lots at some point to at least see colors.
From X to 3 is a huge change. In terms of SUVs, You might want to brave the Jag I-Pace later this year otherwise your partial options are
-Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid
-BMW X5 xDrive40E
-Volvo XC60 PHEV
-Volvo XC90 T8 PHEV
-Mitsu Outlander PHEV

Thanks everyone. We kinda saw a 3 at the Bellevue service center this weekend. It was just sitting in the parking lot, but when we got close to it someone ran out and yelled at us to get away. They are super protective of them. You'd think they wouldn't leave them in the parking lot if that was true.

We settled that we need AWD, so the 3 is out for us for now. I appreciate the offers and help! Just not sure what vehicle to go with next. We got the X because we wanted 6+ seats now and then, and not much else fits the need. If we drop to 5 seats then we can get an S or something else. We'd rather smaller than larger which was why the 3 was interesting. Tough choices...