Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

See Roadster in real life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll be able to see the roadster at Petersen Automotive Museum in Las Angeles. I don't know if it's worth the 14 hour drive just to see it in real life. Maybe if I got a ride in it. How far would you drive just to see it in real life?

Reactions: Mr X and jf2go
At the Peterson...words fail to describe...

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_101124360.jpg
    IMG_20210519_101124360.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Love
Reactions: byeLT4 and Mr X
Like 4 other visitors around the car there. I asked the docent why, and she said, "We didn't advertise"

I asked if I should show up for the later private viewing and was told "No, you picked the absolute best time"

I am one of the many on the Plaid/refresh thread going nuts over our 6 month delay. I can only imagine how you guys feel. At least you know you are getting a yoke..

Reactions: Mr X
Like 4 other visitors around the car there. I asked the docent why, and she said, "We didn't advertise"

I asked if I should show up for the later private viewing and was told "No, you picked the absolute best time"

I am one of the many on the Plaid/refresh thread going nuts over our 6 month delay. I can only imagine how you guys feel. At least you know you are getting a yoke..
Here is a walk around I did before it got crowded. Enjoy!

You'll be able to see the roadster at Petersen Automotive Museum in Las Angeles. I don't know if it's worth the 14 hour drive just to see it in real life. Maybe if I got a ride in it. How far would you drive just to see it in real life?

Wanted to return here to say thanks. I would have never know about this if I didn't see your post. It was about a 2 hour drive for me, but I finally got to see this beast in person. Absoluteley gorgeous vehicle! More impressive in person than all of the pictures that I have seen. It was actually larger in appearance when standing next to it than I thought that it would be. I still don't know how comfortable my 6'3" self will be in it though. Great touch at Petersen, as they positioned the Roadster right around the corner from a Bugatti that claimed the previous production car speed record at 253mph 🤣. I attached an image of the placard they had describing the Roadster.

Attachments

• PXL_20210521_202211091.jpg
    PXL_20210521_202211091.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Wanted to return here to say thanks. I would have never know about this if I didn't see your post. It was about a 2 hour drive for me, but I finally got to see this beast in person. Absoluteley gorgeous vehicle! More impressive in person than all of the pictures that I have seen. It was actually larger in appearance when standing next to it than I thought that it would be. I still don't know how comfortable my 6'3" self will be in it though. Great touch at Petersen, as they positioned the Roadster right around the corner from a Bugatti that claimed the previous production car speed record at 253mph 🤣. I attached an image of the placard they had describing the Roadster.
I'm so jealous. Glad you got to see it in real life.

It’s 77” wide — same as the S — and 14” shorter in length than the Model 3. And yes, I brought a laser tape measure to the museum with me to get these numbers. :cool:
That's interesting, I wouldn't have suspected that it would be shorter than M3.

Now cars have already gone over 300 mph.