Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeing a Model X before buying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting...I'm right behind you and was thinking closer to or actually into 2016 for me to get the word. Would need much more info and likely to see/drive one before committing. Thanks for the info!!

As an MX production reservation holder (5000+), I will need clarification about a large number of issues re actual specs and options, and to sit in a car (and preferably drive it) before I order.

As an MX production reservation holder (5000+), I will need clarification about a large number of issues re actual specs and options, and to sit in a car (and preferably drive it) before I order.

I've actually now managed to get an invitation to the launch event on the 29th. If any of you have anything specific you would like me to look for or take pictures of let me know. I'll do what I can and then post results on Wednesday.

If you are truly concerned, I suggest that you spend about $1,000 when your turn comes up and you still haven't sat in one, fly to CA, visit the factory and ask to take a look. This is a $100,000 give or take purchase. If you want to be absolutely sure, this is the one alternative open to you. Alternatively, ask your local service center to put you in touch with an early customer and try to prevail upon them to take a look. Alternative 3: get in touch with the Tesla Club in your part of the country, locate the early MXs and see if someone will let you take a look.

We're in the same boat as the OP. I'm not worried about it but the car will be for my wife and she has to see it before she makes a final commitment. We're #1950 and I don't think this will be an issue. We'll find some reasonable way to get her a test drive that doesn't include traveling to California. If not, no big deal either. We'll just slide down the list until she can lay hands on the car.