TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Seeing / Photographing CRS-10 from Ocala Supercharger ?

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by ElectricTundra, Feb 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ElectricTundra

We'll be at the Ocala Supercharger about 9:15 this morning until about 9:45. Would we be able to see or shoot (400 f/2.8?) CRS-10 from there? From a few miles farther south on 75? Worth it to drive a bit towards Orlando to be very slightly closer?

I'm guessing that the combo of daylight, cloudy skies, and sun in our eyes will make this all difficult but thought I'd check with the experts. It'd be very cool to see it.

Thanks,

2. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

If it's clear enough, look to the southeast. We see the launches from Ocala a lot.

John

3. ElectricTundra

Thanks. I think we had a clear shot at it... Until the scrub. Oh well.

4. MMC-

MMC- S70D Refresh > S75D. "MADE ON EARTH BY HUMANS"

Hi,
    I have no idea what the distance and angles are but how cool would it be to take a picture of the launch from the supercharger with one of the charging pedestals in the forground?

• Like x 1
  5. ElectricTundra

Yep. That was kind of the last minute plan. Until 13 seconds to go. :)

Not sure how visible the Falcon 9 would have been but we did have some falcon wing doors in the foreground along with a pedestal. Maybe next time.