Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeing the world in autopilot, part deux

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In retrospect, GM pushed the industry by using driver-facing camera and HD maps and allows you to go potentially hours without touching the wheel. Now everyone is trying to follow suit.

Do you need HD Maps to drive your car? No?! Me neither, what a surprise. Maybe that's Tesla's angle, they try to only use vision (maybe with a little help from radar and ultrasonic) like humans do. We will see if they succeed with that. I'm a little sceptic about that, but let's just wait and see.

Reactions: scottf200
@Bladerskb - No system is truly hands free for any meaningful amount of time.

GM Super Cruise is hands free if you stay in the same lane. The driver will have to put his/her hands on the wheel / turn signal to change lanes. So, you really can’t drive ‘’for hours hands free.’’ The driver folding his arms in the GM commercial is plain silly.
E94437B0-4442-4DB9-9FF8-6E17B9E5F653.jpeg

Autopilot v9.0
“Car drives itself. Mad Max mode enabled. Turn confirmation is disabled. The car basically drives itself, whenever you see a blue line in the middle it's driven by autopilot.”

Both Tesla and Mobile Eye have great technology with limitations. Tesla is updating their system (re: v9.0, auto lane change, over take slow moving cars), whereas GM supercruise will add roads to its platform but not any new features. Tesla should add more safety features such as in car monitoring for S and X, and GM should expand features and super cruise availability to other cars in their fleet today (tesla has this technology in every new car sold). I have been a passenger in Mobileye’s test car here in Michigan dating back to 2013 and Mobileye employees do not defend the company or speak as highly of their technology as you do.

Neither Tesla nor Mobileye have a perfect system. Both have limitations. From someone who knows and speaks with Mobileye employees extensively and experiences their self driving technology, you sound like an irrational fan boy. More importantly, your unconditional love for Mobileye makes the irrational Tesla fan boys appear reasonable. Please be a little more balanced on the matter and stay opened minded to folks like @verygreen and others who have a better understanding of the underlying technology than you do from simply viewing online Mobileye presentations.

You're a Mobileye fan-boy forgetting that a lot of accidents and the majority of deaths were a result of an inattentive driver and Mobileye's AP 1 system too limited to (reliably) recognize non-moving or cross-moving vehicles or objects.

There are 3 AP deaths Wikipedia knows of, 2 happened with Mobileye's AP 1! List of self-driving car fatalities - Wikipedia If you can prove there are 1 to 2 more, please provide a reference. Same goes to the hundreds of AP accidents, prove it or the real numbers are in the tens and not hundreds.

EyeQ3 (the chip in AP1) does not have a feature for cross-moving vehicles, so Tesla's decision to use it at the time without enforced nags on roads with cross-traffic is theirs alone, as is their decision to not use lidar for obstacle detection that e.g. Audi uses (A6/A7/A8) with EyeQ3 to add to this feature-set. Audi's Level 3 system will also use EyeQ3, but it will be limited to roads without cross-traffic and it will use lidar to see all obstacles.

The features of MobilEye's chips are very clearly defined and reliably tested by all accounts, the product differences on the market mostly come from how conservatively (most manufacturers don't make full use of it) or aggressively (Tesla probably pushed it too far, hence the split-up) they have been put into use. EyeQ4, now coming onto market, will of course feature cross-traffic as well.

AnxietyRanger said:
I do think Tesla is pushing the industry - in a new direction. I believe you too have made the point that the rest of the industry has been looking beyond aggressive Level 2 implementations, but have been forced to re-think this approach due to Tesla taking Level 2 far beyond where they had planned - because, as you say, their eyes and development projects were always aiming for Level 3 and beyond (i.e. car responsible, not driver). You are of course right Audi has shown very impressive self-driving cars already years and years ago, but their conservative launch schedule is... conservative.

I disagree in that, what's AP kill counter up to again? 4? 5? and how many accidents hundreds?

Do you believe that traditional automakers are motivated by that? Every News brake about another death in AP, do you think they go, "Yes we want to be like them!!"

No, but I do think Supercruise and some of what the Germans and Volvo have been doing differently is inspired by Tesla - especially by Autopilot 1. I find it likely that the Level 2 ADAS systems available to buy today from various car-makers would be more limited if it weren't for Tesla, given the focus on Level 3-5 by the rest of the industry (and the longer road there).

Basically I see it like this: Tesla showed the market and the rest of the industry how Level 2 auto-steering can work and how consumers desire that feature when it reaches that level of functionality - and many others rushed to implement that in some manner they are comfortable with. You are of course right that very few companies have Tesla's aggressiveness in this sphere, so their approaches are still more conservative. But they are not non-existent, like they might have otherwise been.

So, I do feel Tesla likely changed the course of highway Level 2 plans for many companies. Except Audi, of course, who are stubbornly sticking to their guns and their conservative - and by now a little late - move to Level 3-4, while leaving their Level 2 features languishing as a (conscious) result. If Audi can push their Level 3-4 solutions out quickly, they may still benefit from this approach, but if they are late, they will seem less-featured compared to those who push Level 2...

In retrospect, GM pushed the industry by using driver-facing camera and HD maps and allows you to go potentially hours without touching the wheel. Now everyone is trying to follow suit.

Both can be true, though - and I think both are true: 1) Tesla pushing the industry in the Level 2 space with AP1, 2) while GM pushes it further onwards with Supercruise and driver-monitoring. Both have pushed the industry.

Mind you, EAP+FSD is a different ballgame altogether. Too soon to say what the effects are, given how late Tesla has been in bringing visible results to the market and that is only just now happening. The automatic lane-changes especially seem crazy bold given the past (lack of) maturity of AP2+, we shall see how that works out, let alone what the next stage of possible Level 2 "FSD features" might look like. It might push things even more, but a spectacular accident or few could push everyone back... So in this area it remains to be seen if that has any effect on the industry's plans and what the end-results on the road will be. We shall see.

Anyway, I'm planning to move on from this conversation personally. I look forward to seeing V9 and eventually all these features in my AP2 car over time, but I also find it likely my next car purchase (not necessarily to replace the Tesla) will have a MobilEye chip in it. Who knows. Interesting times. Thank you everyone for it and for all the great conversations. It will be interesting to watch how it all evolves over the coming months and years! :) Take care.

Last edited:
What good is innovation from an R&D side if it never really leaves the building because lawyers get in the way?

Tesla is pushing the industry because VW/Audi/Porsche/etc has to respond. I think we're seeing the response with more intelligent L2 systems instead of dumbing them down like what MB was pulling.

Yes there are pro's and con's with Tesla's approach.

Has to respond to match 4 dead people and cause hundreds of accidents? I'm not following...

The pro's are pushing the envelope on what actually gets released versus toy'd with in R&D.
The con's are like anyone first to the market where things don't always go as planned. Like I'm sure we're going to see a few V9 crashes because drivers misunderstood how cautious you have to be with it. That side cameras can't always detect everything, and the ultrasonics are laughable.

You don't quite get it.

Tesla Autopilot = Tesla Self driving software
GM Supercruise = GM's ADAS
BMW Assist = BMW's ADAS

AP is the extent of telsa's sdc and has 200+ employees. While other automakers is literally a team of acouple people. so when you look at honda, bmw, audi, gm and you judge their ADAS. You are judging a very small small team versus 200 at Tesla.

Can't you see the difference? When Tesla Head of Autpilot (anderson) left Tesla, he said he didn't want to work on ADAS. Which is what Tesla's team is working on.

Other companies however have a completely different team of people working on their SDC, similar number of people as tesla. Cruise has 200+ for example.

ADAS
Autopilot = 200+ people
Other Automotive Companies System = ~10 people

SDC
Tesla = 200+ people (Autopilot = SDC software)
Other Automotive Companies = ~200 people

Again its basic math. If audi wanted to do what Tesla is doing now, they would have done it.
The only one here pushing the industry is GM with supercruise.

Most Automaker is aiming for L3/L4 by 2019-2021 and we are 3 months away from 2019!

If automakers were to deliver in their 2019-2021. They would have a better software than Tesla.
The difference is that they are aiming for something much higher and are keeping it in house till they finish.

Tesla releasing V9 now doesn't make any claim that they are ahead. Infact it makes the claim that they are behind because this is the limits of their self driving software. If Tesla had released EAP in Dec 2016 like Elon vowed to do. Then you actually have some credibility to that claim. But the credibility would be that Tesla is at the same pace as regular slow automakers. But right now it seems like even tesla current ap state are slower than automakers and the reason is purely tech. Tesla basically handicapped themselves by not using mobileye.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it the case that Tesla was handicapped and their plans changed when MobileEye broke up with them?

It was end of the road for both Tesla and Mobileye. Tesla wanted their own system and Mobileye wanted them to commit and drop their hardware development. Recall that Tesla originally planned to run Mobileye along with their hardware.

It was smart for Mobileye to stop the cooperation as it slowed Tesla down by a year or two.

Reactions: mongo
I respect an objective and constructive criticisms of any system but what you produce is simply FUD. You're a Mobileye fan-boy forgetting that a lot of accidents and the majority of deaths were a result of an inattentive driver and Mobileye's AP 1 system too limited to (reliably) recognize non-moving or cross-moving vehicles or objects.

There are 3 AP deaths Wikipedia knows of, 2 happened with Mobileye's AP 1! List of self-driving car fatalities - Wikipedia If you can prove there are 1 to 2 more, please provide a reference. Same goes to the hundreds of AP accidents, prove it or the real numbers are in the tens and not hundreds.

I know, you're now going to blame Tesla for misusing Mobileye's system, blabla...

blame Tesla? Tesla allowed initial version of AP (which two people quickly died in) to stay engaged for an entire hour at times without the touch of the wheel. No confirmation if the driver is alive, sleep or dead. And yet you say "you're now going to blame Tesla" and you call me the fanboy?

If Tesla had the 15-30 seconds nag they have right now there would be absolutely 0 deaths and near 0 accidents.
All these people died for NO REASON. Its complete BS that elon gets to sweep it under the rug as necessary causalities!

Search this forum and on reddit, there are dozens of accidents that never make the news and this is accident people who use this forum report. What about people who don't? When you extrapolate, the number is way past 100.

@Bladerskb - No system is truly hands free for any meaningful amount of time.

GM Super Cruise is hands free if you stay in the same lane. The driver will have to put his/her hands on the wheel / turn signal to change lanes. So, you really can’t drive ‘’for hours hands free.’’ The driver folding his arms in the GM commercial is plain silly.

Silly? huh... People have gone an hour without touching the wheel. How in the world is that silly? How in the world is that commercial not representation of what actually happens?

GM Supercruise is the first Hands free true L2 car PERIOD! You don't have to shift the goal post just because it isn't tesla doing it.

Autopilot v9.0
“Car drives itself. Mad Max mode enabled. Turn confirmation is disabled. The car basically drives itself, whenever you see a blue line in the middle it's driven by autopilot.”

The car IS NOT driving itself. Its doing basic, lane keeping, adaptive cruise control and basic auto change and everyone is losing their minds. Yet the gulf between 9.0 and an actual L3 or L4 high SDC is MASSIVE!

Both Tesla and Mobile Eye have great technology with limitations.

Mobileye Eyeq4 doesn't have any limitations. It has everything needed for L5 self driving.

I have been a passenger in Mobileye’s test car here in Michigan dating back to 2013 and Mobileye employees do not defend the company or speak as highly of their technology as you do.

Neither Tesla nor Mobileye have a perfect system. Both have limitations. From someone who knows and speaks with Mobileye employees extensively and experiences their self driving technology, you sound like an irrational fan boy. More importantly, your unconditional love for Mobileye makes the irrational Tesla fan boys appear reasonable. Please be a little more balanced on the matter and stay opened minded to folks like @verygreen and others who have a better understanding of the underlying technology than you do from simply viewing online Mobileye presentations.

you are using a test drive in 2013 as indicator? lol seriously? get real!

Please be a little more balanced on the matter and stay opened minded to folks like @verygreen and others who have a better understanding of the underlying technology than you do from simply viewing online Mobileye presentations.

I have watched almost every single SDC tech presentation and in-depth details out there and actively follow them, that makes me more knowledgeable than anyone i know because i can speak on what every single company or automaker are doing and techniques they are using. Which is different from being in a bubble and only having information from one company.

Not even mentioning the fact that i'm a software engineer which is beside the point.

Tesla allowed initial version of AP (which two people quickly died in) to stay engaged for an entire hour at times without the touch of the wheel. No confirmation if the driver is alive, sleep or dead.

AP1 used a reference design from Mobileye at launch. 2 mins on Youtube and you'll see other EyeQ3 implementations being driven that way.

Didn't take long after release for Tesla to build in a check to make sure the driver was buckled up in the driver's seat.

Remind me, how good is EyeQ3 at detecting cross-traffic?

AP1 used a reference design from Mobileye at launch. 2 mins on Youtube and you'll see other EyeQ3 implementations being driven that way.

Didn't take long after release for Tesla to build in a check to make sure the driver was buckled up in the driver's seat.

No you wont because every trad automakers other than super cruise uses ~15 wheel torque/touch validation.

initial version of eyeq3 only had forward and back vehicle detection.

blame Tesla? Tesla allowed initial version of AP (which two people quickly died in) to stay engaged for an entire hour at times without the touch of the wheel. No confirmation if the driver is alive, sleep or dead. And yet you say "you're now going to blame Tesla" and you call me the fanboy?

If Tesla had the 15-30 seconds nag they have right now there would be absolutely 0 deaths and near 0 accidents.
All these people died for NO REASON. Its complete BS that elon gets to sweep it under the rug as necessary causalities!

Search this forum and on reddit, there are dozens of accidents that never make the news and this is accident people who use this forum report. What about people who don't? When you extrapolate, the number is way past 100.

Pure FUD

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
Silly? huh... People have gone an hour without touching the wheel. How in the world is that silly? How in the world is that commercial not representation of what actually happens?

GM Supercruise is the first Hands free true L2 car PERIOD! You don't have to shift the goal post just because it isn't tesla doing it.

I am not shifting the goal post. Just clarifying that GM Supercruise is the first hands free application that allows the driver to stay in the same lane for hours if the driver so chooses. If a driver wants a system to change lanes without driver intervention, GM Supercruise is not for that driver. Tesla does offer this in their new v9.0 release.

Being that the market for drivers that wish to stay in one lane for hours without using their hands is small and given GM sells 10K to 11K CT6s (in the US) and sells fewer CT6 with Supercruise, this point is moot. We are talking about a few thousand cars in the US with Supercruise.

The car IS NOT driving itself. Its doing basic, lane keeping, adaptive cruise control and basic auto change and everyone is losing their minds. Yet the gulf between 9.0 and an actual L3 or L4 high SDC is MASSIVE!

I never said the car is driving itself. The user posting the video did. But, you raise a good point: can GM's Supercruise perform "basic auto change?" No. No, it can not.

Mobileye Eyeq4 doesn't have any limitations. It has everything needed for L5 self driving.

This is not entirely true. Mobileye requires multiple Eyeq4s, which is less than optimal. Mobileye is more focused on their Eyeq5 for full self driving. But, I agree with you. I would wager GM has the first fully autonomous or fully self driving car (depending on definition, etc.). I believe it will be built on Mobileye/Intel's technology, not GM cruise's technology. But, being first is moot. GM had the first mass market EV in the Bolt.

you are using a test drive in 2013 as indicator? lol seriously? get real!

No, I am not.

I have watched almost every single SDC tech presentation and in-depth details out there and actively follow them, that makes me more knowledgeable than anyone i know because i can speak on what every single company or automaker are doing and techniques they are using. Which is different from being in a bubble and only having information from one company.

Not even mentioning the fact that i'm a software engineer which is beside the point.

I agree: you do not lack in self esteem and are well read on the topic. Still, you should get out and meet more people. Clearly, you do not know enough people or the right people to consider yourself "more knowledgeable than anyone I know" on this matter. There are many people in Michigan that know quit a bit on this topic. For example, certain Mobileye team members would disagree with your position and interpretations on their technology.

You are participating in an on-line Tesla forum, why are you surprised/upset/angry that this community leans pro-Tesla? You literally entered the bubble that you rant against. You'll be more effective changing your communication tone if you want participants in this bubble to listen to the content of your message.

My only point to you is do not swing with the same irrational exuberance in the opposite direction as those on this forum do with their pro-Tesla zeal.

You have a lot of positive contributions to offer, just consider your tone.

Last edited:
Has to respond to match 4 dead people and cause hundreds of accidents? I'm not following...

You don't quite get it.

Tesla Autopilot = Tesla Self driving software
GM Supercruise = GM's ADAS
BMW Assist = BMW's ADAS

AP is the extent of telsa's sdc and has 200+ employees. While other automakers is literally a team of acouple people. so when you look at honda, bmw, audi, gm and you judge their ADAS. You are judging a very small small team versus 200 at Tesla.

Can't you see the difference? When Tesla Head of Autpilot (anderson) left Tesla, he said he didn't want to work on ADAS. Which is what Tesla's team is working on.

Other companies however have a completely different team of people working on their SDC, similar number of people as tesla. Cruise has 200+ for example.

ADAS
Autopilot = 200+ people
Other Automotive Companies System = ~10 people

SDC
Tesla = 200+ people (Autopilot = SDC software)
Other Automotive Companies = ~200 people

Again its basic math. If audi wanted to do what Tesla is doing now, they would have done it.
The only one here pushing the industry is GM with supercruise.

Most Automaker is aiming for L3/L4 by 2019-2021 and we are 3 months away from 2019!

If automakers were to deliver in their 2019-2021. They would have a better software than Tesla.
The difference is that they are aiming for something much higher and are keeping it in house till they finish.

Tesla releasing V9 now doesn't make any claim that they are ahead. Infact it makes the claim that they are behind because this is the limits of their self driving software. If Tesla had released EAP in Dec 2016 like Elon vowed to do. Then you actually have some credibility to that claim. But the credibility would be that Tesla is at the same pace as regular slow automakers. But right now it seems like even tesla current ap state are slower than automakers and the reason is purely tech. Tesla basically handicapped themselves by not using mobileye.

It's not a matter of either one of us not getting it.

We both understand the history of AP, and the breakup between Tesla and MobileEye. We also both know that there are different approaches being taken by the various companies involved.

We both love Supercruise for what it offers.

We both think AP lacks the required sensor suite to enable full-self driving.

The difference between you, and I really comes down to your negativity towards Tesla. You almost seemed like you were excited to see V9 EAP driving in a different thread, but I couldn't tell if that was to mock it or out of actual interest.

You can't give the Autopilot team credit for what they accomplished in a relatively short amount of time. Sure there are problems like too many instances of false positives with braking. But, all in all it's pretty impressive given the turmoil/turnover. There is so much money in SDC that it's hard for any company in Silicon Valley to maintain employees.

I can tell where your anti-Tesla bias is by the very first thing you said. You accused AP of getting people killed, and causing crashes. But, you're not taking into account the number of people saved through ADAS technology. Sure you can say that AEB, FCW or LDW would have prevented the crashes, but people have to use them. The first thing I turn off any time I drive my moms Subaru is I turn off the LDW.

Then you went on to accuse me of not getting it when you described the difference in team size. The problem with that is that an automaker can always get the ADAS system from MobileEye so there isn't a huge need for a large team size. They're also established companies with lots of money so they can simply aquire a company like what GM did with Cruise or they can partner up.

What's funny about that one is it's a huge negative about Tesla. I think we both know Tesla would have been better off if they got things worked out with MobileEye, and continued to use their technology. You know Tesla is more risk taking than other companies. Where they recognize that more lives can be saved by taking risks than waiting. In recent times it seems like they've been more careful in adding things.

Now I do have a bias that I should acknowledge. That bias is the strong feeling like SDC won't be available in consumer cars. Instead the only way it will be available to consumers via commercial ride sharing companies. So you can ride within their white listed areas, but you can't own the vehicle.

So it's hard for me to get really excited by tech demos or promises without really understand the regulatory path towards something. As an example the real reason Audi isn't going to release the A8 with L3 capability in the states is the lack of any kind of national regulatory guidelines on it. Every state has its own rules. We don't even have a standard for V2V communication.

What I can get excited by is what Tesla is doing. Sure I completely disagree with some decisions like their unwillingness to partner up and the lack of rear radar (Uggh) But, as of now it's the best that a consumer like myself can get. Will it always fall short of what I want? Probably. But, it's tremendously exciting though. I'd rather drive a car, and experience things for myself versus spending my life watching tech demos and nagging on a forum about a car I don't even own. For me ADAS/SDC isn't the number one reason I buy a car at least not yet, but it's an important component. The Tesla was an easy decision because it's a long range electric vehicle with the ability to add the EAP/FSD options. The only other option was a Nissan Leaf with pro pilot (which isn't too shabby), but that didn't have the range or a supercharging network that I needed. There was also concerns over the battery longevity.

Last edited:
There is so much money in SDC that it's hard for any company in Silicon Valley to maintain employees.

Heh I've worked here for almost 10 years now, and I would simply say there is so much money/opportunity in Silicon Valley IN GENERAL that it's difficult to maintain employees no matter what you do.

Over the past 4 years less than 25% of my team is still the same set of people. Some moved within the company, but others have quit for the most arbitrary of reasons. Just two examples: One quit because they installed a new stop sign near work that added 5 minutes to his commute and that was apparently the critical point that made a different company more appealing. Another thought his annual bonus (which he shared, and it can buy or preorder anything Tesla is currently selling) was about 5% too little.

Both within a few days landed equivalent or better jobs elsewhere. And they weren't bad people either, they did excellent work while they were here and were generally easy to get along with.

It's just the culture around hot tech companies. Maybe they pay too much so there's almost no stress around coming to work one day and finding an arbitrary reason to quit? But what I do notice is that Tesla gets far far far more scrutiny for this kind of turnover than any other silicon valley company.

I wouldn't read into it. It's obvious from v9 that this was many many months if not a year or more of effort, through a lot of turnover and focus on Model 3 production and Model 3 software being behind schedule, etc. It seems to me like they're doing fine.

Heh I've worked here for almost 10 years now, and I would simply say there is so much money/opportunity in Silicon Valley IN GENERAL that it's difficult to maintain employees no matter what you do.

Over the past 4 years less than 25% of my team is still the same set of people. Some moved within the company, but others have quit for the most arbitrary of reasons. Just two examples: One quit because they installed a new stop sign near work that added 5 minutes to his commute and that was apparently the critical point that made a different company more appealing. Another thought his annual bonus (which he shared, and it can buy or preorder anything Tesla is currently selling) was about 5% too little.

Both within a few days landed equivalent or better jobs elsewhere. And they weren't bad people either, they did excellent work while they were here and were generally easy to get along with.

It's just the culture around hot tech companies. Maybe they pay too much so there's almost no stress around coming to work one day and finding an arbitrary reason to quit? But what I do notice is that Tesla gets far far far more scrutiny for this kind of turnover than any other silicon valley company.

I wouldn't read into it. It's obvious from v9 that this was many many months if not a year or more of effort, through a lot of turnover and focus on Model 3 production and Model 3 software being behind schedule, etc. It seems to me like they're doing fine.

Don't you think a lot of that has to do with California laws? My understanding is things like non-compete clauses are completely null and void in California. Where I work the California workers get better benefits than people outside of California due to California being more worker friendly. Even simple things like accruing X number vacation days they're allowed to do that I'm not. I have to use all of mine during a year or lose them.

This is the most amusing story that I've read on this topic. So yeah, it's not just Tesla. It also likely has a lot to do with how hot AI technology is right now.

Engineers on Google's self-driving car project were paid so much that they quit

Don't you think a lot of that has to do with California laws? My understanding is things like non-compete clauses are completely null and void in California. Where I work the California workers get better benefits than people outside of California due to California being more worker friendly. Even simple things like accruing X number vacation days they're allowed to do that I'm not. I have to use all of mine during a year or lose them.

This is the most amusing story that I've read on this topic. So yeah, it's not just Tesla.

Engineers on Google's self-driving car project were paid so much that they quit

Haha, it's funny but it's sooooo true. Indeed, non-compete clauses generally are null and void. Except it's still at-will employment and it's perfectly legal for company A to say "if you go to company B, we will never hire you back". And I've seen that happen, and I've seen managers try to go to great lengths to bend that rule.

But yeah, long story short: even speaking for myself, we're a bunch of babies. Yesterday I had to wait 20 seconds at a urinal and launched off on a huge rant about my company.

But I think it is less about workers' rights than it is about the high pay. For example, a lot of companies here are structured such that 50% or more of your pay is technically a performance bonus. It easily allows employers to make arbitrary judgements (and as long as they don't openly admit it's based off race/sex/etc) that result in huge effective paycuts that will drive people to quit "voluntarily".

But I don't know, I'm not a sociologist. I can just say I'm under 30, my hair is already mostly gray... this place takes its toll on you :D

Long rant aside, the basic point is: I wouldn't bat an eye about low or high profile people leaving or changing companies. A better reflection of company health is their rate of innovation and how good their products turn out to be.

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
So I just tried drive on nav with automatic lane changes and I am super impressed! The car even negotiates with other cars for lane changes when the lane is not free. The only downside is exits are often indicated at some ridiculously low speeds like 30mph and the car obeys that annoying everybody around.

Now to figure out how to stitch viedo from 8 cameras into a single picture I guess.

So I just tried drive on nav with automatic lane changes and I am super impressed!

Is v9.0 still in early access, or is it beginning to trickle out to the general populace?

The car even negotiates with other cars for lane changes when the lane is not free.

As in the car starts to nudge into the lane to let the other cars know to make room?