Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking 12 Volt Source in the Front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure to reach out to @CM_007 to see if he has any more of these at the shop as they're a nice fit for the 1.5/2.0.

car-bumper-jpg.106275

Does anyone know of where I can tap into a 12 volt source in the front of the Roadster? I'm considering adding a couple LED DRL, so I'm looking for a wire that would be energized when the ignition is on.

Thanks,

Henry
You will need to run your wires thru the rubber body plug behind the left front tire and into the audio cavity. From there you have many options. There is nothing under the hood that I would tap into. The harnesses have so little copper in them that tapping into a harness breaks the strands and leaves you with either low current flow or no current flowing issues. Carbon is a magnificent conductor so a rubber grommet is required. I use the one for the hood cable where it goes into the cabin. Feel free to email me and I can send a photo. Cheers

@josh-io posted a few prior to Carl replying to the thread that was linked to above. Pasting one of them here as a cross reference but I'm sure Carl has some nicer pictures of his own handiwork.

cfgdp5auyeslqtdi_4zter-v3ditabz2m1swvnyy_qa-jpg.106183
This is 181 in 2010 at the Seattle Service and Sales center 435 Westlake Ave N 98109. I know this because I took this photo. If you take a close look its held on by packing tape for a fitment test. I sold out of these but would do a group buy and make more. They are about $2500 with the 2 LED lights