TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seeking a tesla tech guy

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Binmayed, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Binmayed

Binmayed New Member

Hi guys, am new to this forum. Am looking for some help, I need a tech guy working at tesla, I have 3 Tessa's p85d, one which I received and shipped it to my country 3 days before the new p90 announcement. Am welling to pay for a ticked, accommodations, arranging a pro garage to work in, and pay for the service. Please if any of you knows someone help. Thanks
    Musaed

2. kushari

kushari Model S 70D

Halla, Musaed. I'm pretty sure Tesla won't do that. You'll have to bring the cars back to an authorized country to service them. Also if you can take my dad for a ride in the P85D (he lives in Dubai) that would be greatly appreciated.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I think this is going to be very very difficult for you. Not only do you need the "Tesla tech guy", you need him to have the proper diagnostic equipment, much of which will be proprietary to Tesla. You could contact Tesla directly to see if they would be willing to "lend" you a tech and equipment to do the work you're needing, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

4. Electric700

Electric700 Member

May be this is a good opportunity for your dad to arrange a vacation over to where you live, so you can show him your Model S? :smile:

5. kushari

kushari Model S 70D

Why have to go through all that trouble if there are some in the same city as him? He'll eventually see mine, but I want him to experience te car, and also experience insane/ludicrous mode.

6. Binmayed

Binmayed New Member

Insane mode only, I want to upgrade.

7. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Isn't that just extended Ranger Service? :)

85 to 90 upgrade probably requires special tools as well as parts, all of which might be difficult if not impossible to get through customs.

8. Binmayed

Binmayed New Member

Shipping and all can be done easy. I just need someone work at tesla workshop who's capable of doing it.

9. kushari

kushari Model S 70D

I'm sure tesla won't do it. I heard of a guy that had his battery defective only after driving it twice in Dubai. He had to ship it back to where he bought it from.

10. Te5laDriver

Te5laDriver New Member

Agreed you have to bring them back to a service country to have work done by an Authorized service person