Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking advice on buying high mileage p100d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed the suspension probably needs an overhaul if it hasn't been done recently. I had to do mine at 80k miles and again at 170k. Easily a $4k job if tesla does it but you can diy for under 1k.
I wouldn't worry about mileage on the battery and motors other than range like someone else asked about. If you really want to dig in you could get the setup to use scanmytelsa on it and see the battery balances.

$4K is pretty low. What parts were changed for that?

I think just the rear upper links replacement were $3K (Canadian dollars) so over $2K USD. I woudn't want to DIY this but you can DIY a few other things like upper control arms, toe links, etc if you're familiar enough with suspension work.

I've also find that the Tesla suspension is pretty hard to diagnose as to what parts are worn and need replacing.

I think it's a 2016 P100D which means it might have a SC01 option code so Supercharging should be transferable to the new owner.

Couple of other things:

(1) Do you know if any of the door handles have been replaced with newer generation ones?
(2) Do you know if the owner has purchased the optional Enhanced Anti-Theft? (View Details)
(3) With that high of milage, do you know when the HEPA filter was changed last? Parts are available separately so you can do it yourself I you so choose (View Details)
(4) Can you ask the owner if he can share the part number label for the battery pack? You can find it under the passenger wheel well on the corner of the battery pack. The owner may need to raise the suspension to the highest level.
(5) The P100DS supported launch mode, and if you performed it many times Tesla would need to replace the drive units under the HV battery pack/drive unit warranty. you should ask the owner how many times Tesla has had to do that?
(6) When the owner completed the MCU/2 upgraded, did he/she pay extra for the new radio option with MCU/2, or was that skipped?
(7) Full Self Driving - Did the owner need to have all of the cameras upgraded to support Full Self Driving?
(8) I assume that with the MCU/2, that he/she had the HW2 computer upgraded to the FSD computer.

Unless they are offering it for less than 25K, I say pass it bye…. My first model X was a 2016 was a great car things really changed n 2018 and then once again in . 2022 …think of it as a computer 2016 is old technology….. unless they are practically giving it to you. I wouldn’t the best thing about that whole deal is the unlimited super charging, but somewhere along the line they stopped, allowing it to be transferred so double check…. I owned a 2016 2018 and 2022…. W/FSD which is amazing, and yes, it really is self driving… not quite 100% trustable yet but I can say is it’s amazing and it’s only gonna get better. My suggestion to get a 2818 or newer with FSd. Oh, one last thing, the falcon doors on the 2016 loads and loads of trouble so beware they have overcome that with the newer models but the 2016 was notorious for falcon wing door issues. I had many of my own, and if those doors go haywire a lot about out-of-pocket money