Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking advice on Mohave SC to Fresno SC trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well I’m going to try it today. I have a MX 100D. A 3.5K elevation climb up to Tehachapi but downhill from there. Plus if there is wind, it will be a tail wind going west to east. There is a destination charger at a pizza place between. I may stop if around meal time. Leaving from Grass Valley noonish. If you are driving from Bako to Tehachapi and see a White X on the side of the road, its me!!

Back from first extended road trip. Apple Valley to Santa Maria to Grass Valley and Back to Apple Valley. Trip was a pleasure. Superchargers great--ate way too much at stops. Long trip from Fresno to Mojave went well. Route plovers wanted me to avoid 99 and go 5. About an hour longer. Only the in-car trip planner had me taking the 99 through Fresno and Mojave. Because of the 4.5 K elevation I did 3 things. Charged my Snowball to 285 mile range at Fresno. Last 15 miles of SCing takes a long time. 2. Put car in Range extender mode and 3. Limited speed to speed limit. 180 mile uphill trip was a breeze. Finished with 90 miles of range in the tank. Snowball is an amazing car. Got to figure a healthier way to eat when I travel by myself:)