TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

seeking battery advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jofforts, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jofforts

jofforts New Member

Hi Efusco,

I am new on this forum. May I ask how can I post something to this forum ? I used to own a electric scooter company, DOT certified, 2 wheel drive, street legal but due to the recession I close down at 2009. Recently I have a solar general contract license. I like to extend my knowledge applied to solar off grid system. I am looking for battery which able to store electricity. I have a vendor send me the following spec. I don't quite understand is there someone I can send to ask for ?
    Maximum cell load capacity: 168
    • Cell form factor: 18650
    • Series - Parallel Configurations:
    • 7S24P Nominal voltage: 24V
    • 5S33P Nominal voltage: 18V
    • Maximum current: 200 A (Max pulse current: 300A for 2 seconds)
    • Maximum Power: 12 kW (cell dependent)

Thank you

Allen

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

jofforts: You might consider moving your post to the Off Topic forum. This post is talking about the possible deal between Toyota and Tesla.

3. marco2228

marco2228 Roadster Signature #34

@jofforts
    It s probably better to post your question to the off topic or Energy&Environment section.

Anyway. I recently calculated if it's profitable buffering electrical energy generated by a wind turbine in a storage-battery. But the result was, that (considering german energy prices) even without regarding the costs for the wind turbine you would need little more than a thousand FULL cycles to get back the investment for the battery.

For non-mobile uses you should take some lead acid batteries, not those 18650.