Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Dealers Who Will Purchase Used Tesla For Best Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have my 2019 SR+ listed for sale in Southern Ontario as I soon will be taking delivery of a new Tesla. Tesla's Trade In offers are ridiculously low as many are you are aware, so that is not an option. I believe prospective buyers are extremely hesitant to purchase a Tesla from a private seller for so much money even though I stand to offer them several thousands of dollars of savings from what dealers are selling comparable cars for. As such I am fielding offers for my car from various dealers in the Greater Toronto Area. So far I have approached Shift Auto in Burlington for a quote and been approached by few dealers with offers who have seen my online listing. For those who have sold their Tesla to a dealer in the past 6 months or so for what they feel was a strong offer, I'd appreciate it if you provide the name and location of the dealer. I'm seeking one within an hour of the GTA but replies here may be helpful to those in other areas of Canada.

Last edited:
Got to auto trader site and click on Instant Cash Offer. No joke I sold my Kia this way in November for 5-6K more than Tesla was offering as trade. Auto trader has agreements with dealers in areas who will give you cash. I brought my Kia in and within an hour I was back home no car and cheque in hand. YMMV of course but worth a shot

Any updates on this? Super interested in how the process is. Thinking of going up to a MY from my SR+
Fyi... while youre waiting for their response. I just sold my early 2020 SR+ quite easily on FB marketplace. A number of dealers contacted me... it was such an easy transaction. These cars for whatever reason are quite desirable by dealers. Perhaps it's the chip shortages or lenghthy delivery times. At any rate, I also got an offer from clutch which I felt was reasonable but ultimately went with the dealer as they came in higher. Now I'm torn between upgrading to a new 3 with LFP or a LR

Fyi... while youre waiting for their response. I just sold my early 2020 SR+ quite easily on FB marketplace. A number of dealers contacted me... it was such an easy transaction. These cars for whatever reason are quite desirable by dealers. Perhaps it's the chip shortages or lenghthy delivery times. At any rate, I also got an offer from clutch which I felt was reasonable but ultimately went with the dealer as they came in higher. Now I'm torn between upgrading to a new 3 with LFP or a LR
How much you sold for ?