Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking help. Brand new M3 got damaged at service center :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the reply.

Sorry to hear you had issues with Crevier BMW. I use Crevier BMW as my main BMW service center too. I have great experience with this delaership. They alwasy has loaner car. They take caer my M5 and X5M very good. Never had any issues with this dealership. Before I move in to Orange County, New Centery BMW gived me some issues in the past. But they take care it fast.

Did they take care it fast? or let you wait for couple week?

They took care of everything pretty quickly. The main thing that bothered me was the service manager made me wait 20 minutes to check video footage to make sure the windshield wasn't smashed when I brought the car to them. Even my service advisor told him they must have done it.

I do miss being able to schedule a service appointment 1-2 days away and have a guaranteed loaner. Even though I don't have any issues currently, it's peace of mind knowing that you can bring in the car quickly if needed. I'm sure things will improve with Tesla...

Tesla had to re-align my brand new M3P, stabbed the airbag cover and owned up to it when I picked it up about a month ago. They said they'd send mobile out when they got the part... never heard back and I setup an appointment in the app a few days ago. Mobile service was out within 3 days to fix it.

You can always go into the app and just describe what happened. You'd be surprised that you might get those parts easily replaced with no pushback. Just make sure you convey that this was their damage up front.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

By go into the app, do you mean go to tesla app and make another appoinment using"Schedule Service".

If so, I will wait for couple days to see if the mobile team contact me like the agent said, or on one contact me, then I will make the appoinment myself.

They took care of everything pretty quickly. The main thing that bothered me was the service manager made me wait 20 minutes to check video footage to make sure the windshield wasn't smashed when I brought the car to them. Even my service advisor told him they must have done it.

I do miss being able to schedule a service appointment 1-2 days away and have a guaranteed loaner. Even though I don't have any issues currently, it's peace of mind knowing that you can bring in the car quickly if needed. I'm sure things will improve with Tesla...

Yeah, BMW has the ability and system to fix urgent matter in time. Look lile we both know that... They trying hard to keep up their customer service experience.

Tesla, as a new brand.. Still has a lot of things to learn... Hope they can catch up fast. Othewise, with the sale of more and more cars, they will have serious customer experience issues. Needless to say anything else, the " Half month away and more" service appointment time are already slowly killing themself... When next time I consider to buying a car, this is a big minus point....

My original plan is buying this M3 as a test point... To see do I want to buy MY, MS or even a Roadster maybe in the future. I'm a big tech addict, and like to enjoy the good customer service. If Tesla can't deal this matter correctly... It will give a big disappoint to me.

Last edited:
Hey guys...

I post early that said I find out the damage to my drive side door panel and scratch on drive side B-pillar trim after my M3 came back from the Tesla service center. Original post : Seeking help. Brand new M3 got damaged at service center :(

After I read some thread posted here, I decide to take more look into my car, in case there are more damaged.

Guess what... There are ! Not one!

1. Horrible scratch under the drive side door, the paint already gone, metal show up. OMG..
2. Black drag mark/scratch on the drive side skirt..
3. Possible bottom cover clip/screw missing. Cover loose. Its located behind of right front tire. Please let me know if there should have clip/screw or not.

This is a brand new car... pick up from dealer 3 weeks ago.

Please check the video and picture.

The reason I send the car for the service is check the drive side door vibration noise, repair broken trunk lid and install Homelink. All the damage on drive side( door panel dent, paint scratch, B-pillar scratch) I think is due to super careless operating during the repair process. And bottom cover missing clip maybe due to install the Homelink?

What kind mechanic this service center has?? Why he done those many damage to my M3??

Dose the bottom cover has clip/screw or not? The missing clip/screw is located behind the right front tire. Please let me know if you have the clip/screw on that cover.

Should I keep talking to them with their message system? or go find there manager? I'm so frustrating right now....

Thank you guys for helping.

( 3. Possible bottom cover clip missing.)

1. Horrible scratch under the drive side door, the paint already gone, metal show up.

3.jpg

2.jpg

2. Black drag mark/scratch on the drive side skirt..

1.jpg

I'd do both to be honest, have something in their messaging system but also stop by and ask to speak with someone directly to address the issues before too much time has passed. I'm not sure if Tesla has "managers" there, but let them know ASAP so that they take action to fix them.

Since you have already owned the car for three weeks the burden is on you to prove the car was delivered this way. It is critical to do a very thorough inspection of the car before accepting it. Discovering these blemishes after delivery never leads to a good conclusion.

Reactions: gcmak
Since you have already owned the car for three weeks the burden is on you to prove the car was delivered this way. It is critical to do a very thorough inspection of the car before accepting it. Discovering these blemishes after delivery never leads to a good conclusion.

This scratch is coming from service center.
I already check this area when I pick up the car from dealer store. No scratch there.

They dinged up the panel under the display on my car by prying it, told me they would order parts and let me know when they came in. Well 8 months later the ding is still there... I also found touch up paint on one of my door sills (rear driver side) so I guess one of the technicians scratched the paint there and just covered it up. You would think they would do better when repairing a 75k car, but nope.

They dinged up the panel under the display on my car by prying it, told me they would order parts and let me know when they came in. Well 8 months later the ding is still there... I also found touch up paint on one of my door sills (rear driver side) so I guess one of the technicians scratched the paint there and just covered it up. You would think they would do better when repairing a 75k car, but nope.

Thank you for sharing..

Tesla do messed up their service. Bad factory qulity control, and bad car service.

We don't need wait for too long, if Elon keep go on this path and lose more control of his qulity, his car bussiness will collapse.

One day, when all the other big car manufacturer catch up their "Auto Drive and Fully electric" features, whats Tesla still has? Tesla lives now because those new features, for now. But if Tesla doesn't improve their qulity overall, and all others catched up, Tesla will die in the end. No one want to pay 60K and more for terrible factory qulity and after sale service. On this pirce point, people can get what ever they want, and with great qulity control and after sale experience. Like BMW or Mbenz.

Update:

I talk to serivce center manager today. He says he is willing to take care the door panel and B-pillar trim. But not willing do the piant work for the terrible paint scratch. He only will let mobile team do some touch up for the paint.

For the paint, I am not very satisfied. But at least they willing do the touch up for me, not to let the metal get rust.

At the first, the agent even want to shirk from this paint scratch, but the manager willing to do the paint touch up in the end.

Really hope they can get more professional mechanic... Sad for Tesla.