Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking input: 2022 Model X for sale in July

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model x I reserved quite some time ago coming in July. Long range in grey. Any idea what I would get for it if I turned around and sold it immediately and what would be the best way to sell it?

I don't know the exact answer to your questions, but if you're going to list it for sale here on TMC, the correct place will be the Marketplace forum, not the Model X forum.

Bruce.

Upvote 0
You are from Truckee, CA I am guessing you’ll pay close to $10K in taxes and licensing. Chances are many are doing/thinking the same thing in states with little to no taxes. To make it easy you might need to buy it cash and forking over 100K to make maybe 5-10K would be a deal breaker for me.

Tesla has been notorious in decreasing prices too, Elon might find the 12.5K price increase to be too drastic and bring it down a little.

A potential course of action would be to sell the reservation. Too many variables to buy it out to sell it.

Upvote 0
A potential course of action would be to sell the reservation. Too many variables to buy it out to sell it.
Tesla takes a VERY dim view of this. It violates the purchase agreement you’ve made when buying the vehicle.

Folks have been banned from any future purchases by Tesla for doing this.

Strongly recommend against it.

Reactions: Epradox and jboy210
Upvote 0
Yet many people do it every month. Multiple people do it on this very forum in the market place.

Sure, people do lots of things that they shouldn’t …. Right until they get caught.

As I said, Tesla takes a very dim view of it. I didn’t say it’s not possible to do so, but the repercussions if Tesla finds out are severe.

To each their own, but ask any of these folks how it went:

Upvote 0