Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Recommendations: Battery Warmed Winter Clothing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
We tend to heat our home (with a crappy NG boiller/radiant heat system) on cloudy days and when it just gets too cold for comfort despite layered clothes. I want to try battery heated clothes that are comfortable instead of home house heating. This is not much different than using the seat heaters instead of cabin heating in the Tesla ;-)

Please share your experiences !

Milwaukee does not make their own heated gear, and I am not sure who their OEM is. (And they make far better quality tools than most of the "stuff" you find at Harbor Freight). One of the big heat clothing makers is Gyde who bought Gerbing a few years ago. They make good stuff. I use a lot of their 12V gear on the motorcycle. Their 7V battery heated items are similar good quality with a different power source.

Does anyone have recommendations on the best battery-powered heated insoles or socks? We've been looking at different products but none are that affordable. We've seen some are Bluetooth enabled but I suppose a regular remote or just buttons would work for our needs as well.

Didn't know they had powered gear, real quality products and may get the GF something as her AZ blood is very thin and hates the cold.

The batteries look very small..

battery.JPG

Noted -- thanks.
How bulky is the 7v battery ? I'm guessing it fits in the pocket I see sewn into the front chest area of the vest.
The batteries weren't big but on the ~$250 pair that I bought, they seemed to make the glove tighter (or apply pressure) on the back of my hand once they were inserted. I ended up gifting them to a friend because they were too uncomfortable for me and it had been too long since I bought them so I couldn't return them.

Be sure to try them on with and without the batteries installed.

Last edited: