Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking recommendations for a narrow booster seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Right now I have a graco booster seat for my oldest which is too wide and covers access to the seat belt latch. Has anyone come across a booster seat that fits and allow access to the seat belt? I am looking for ones that look like this:

91XmATmxCiL._SY355_.jpg

Thanks!!

Hi- we just received the Diono Everett NXT fix. It is a high back booster seat and it fits our 2016 Model S. It does not cover the seat belt receptacle, however I still need to buckle the seat belt for my daughter due to her not being to reach the recessed belt receptacle. Maybe as she gets older, she is only 5, she will be able to buckle independently. She can release the seatbelt when exiting the vehicle. Just purchased from Amazon. This is a new product from Diono. We also have the Maxi Cosi RodiFix that works as well. I have been unsuccessful in finding a backless booster that does not cover the seat belt receptacle.

So I ended up getting the Cosco booster (ended up doing so before seeing the replies haha) - my only concern is that it may be a bit too firm... but then again, the Graco has barely any cushioning anyway :\

I did consider the MiFold - but this review caused me to skip it:

Being a Child Passenger Safety Technician Instructor working with Law Enforcement and Fire Rescue personnel all over the Country for 30 plus years, I was very interested to see this product as I love to see new innovations in the field of child passenger safety. The quality of the Mifold was fine and the claims were impressive, but it I feel it stopped there. I tried five different kids of varying ages on the Mifold. The belt fit was “ok", a little too low on the thighs in my opinion, but certainly not up on the abdomen. Before we had even left the driveway, the kids had moved forward on the seat to fold their legs over the edge so I had to take them out of it.
In a real world setting, a child does not behave like a crash test dummy and when they have no “BOOST”, which this seat lacks, the child slides forward on the seat to get comfortable. In order for a child to be able to fold their legs over the vehicle seat, they will slide forward, leaving a gap behind them, which in turn loosens the seatbelt. This is exactly what an actual booster seat should be designed to prevent. Booster seats are designed to position the seatbelt AND to boost the child up to prevent the child from slouching or sliding forward on the vehicle seat. The Mifold seems to only address the belt positioning.
I am not happy with the product and definitely not convinced of the safety and will return it.

I dont have kids yet but have a bunch of nephews/nieces..
Was thinking about the mifold booster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07338KKFB/ has anyone tried them?

If your using this infrequently when your uncle duties are needed it’s an awesome option. I take these whenever I go on vacation for our kids to sit in ubers/rentals. If used everyday get a more traditional booster. .

Reactions: vletnguyen
I just realized that I didn't touch on the main issue with my original booster seat - accessibility to the latch! Well, suffice to say that with the Cosco seat, the latch is very much accessible although because of the angle, it is still tough to latch without some external (i.e. me) assistance. Nevertheless - at least I don't have to shuffle the seat around while occupied in order to get to the latch...

I just realized that I didn't touch on the main issue with my original booster seat - accessibility to the latch! Well, suffice to say that with the Cosco seat, the latch is very much accessible although because of the angle, it is still tough to latch without some external (i.e. me) assistance. Nevertheless - at least I don't have to shuffle the seat around while occupied in order to get to the latch...

The Diono Everett NXT has great buckle access. I am using a rigid 3" extender just to make it easier for my daughter to reach that low. But she has unbuckled the entire thing a few times so still super accessible.

I got the extension from Seatbelt Extender Pros (Note: 15% off with code "LivingTesla" )

The Diono Everett NXT has great buckle access. I am using a rigid 3" extender just to make it easier for my daughter to reach that low. But she has unbuckled the entire thing a few times so still super accessible.

I got the extension from Seatbelt Extender Pros (Note: 15% off with code "LivingTesla" )

I wanted to avoid the full back booster seat; my kid loves the current setup so - save money and hear no complaints!

Reactions: Kbra