TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Seeking recommendations for window tint shops in Orange County area

Discussion in 'California' started by kkres, Dec 30, 2019.

1. kkres

kkres Member

Hi everyone! Just got my M3 on Saturday evening. I’m super stoked but now I need to get my windows tinted. Can anyone recommend a great tint shop in Orange County and if possible give me an estimate of what you paid for your M3?

• Disagree x 1
  2. JakeMoore

JakeMoore Model ≡ SR+

Seconded! Thanks in advance!

3. WallyP

WallyP Member

Congrats on your new M3!

I've been driving my M3 for two years now, live in OC, and never felt the need for glass tint. OEM windows are dark enough, and the Tesla climate control is probably the most efficient I've seen. I just use a good windshield shade for when I park outside. My advice would be to save your budget for clear bra PPF and Opticoat which benefits have paid off many times for me.

4. S2000

S2000 Member

Just avoid Rodz Tint Shop in Fountain Valley. They did a terrible job on my 3. :(

• Like x 1
  5. Mania1984

Mania1984 Member

Signature Glass Tinting - Costa Mesa
    they did my tint two weeks ago - Amazing job.... look them up on Yelp

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. Adam3

Adam3 Member

Signature Glass Tinting is the best. I've used them multiple times. They have their own model 3 rear glass to cut the tint on.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. JakeMoore

JakeMoore Model ≡ SR+

Yesss, right in my neighborhood! Thanks you two!

8. kkres

kkres Member

I need the tint. I go back and forth between OC and Palm Springs and I’m in the desert most of the summer! I also got the white seats so it doesn’t look as dark as the black seats. Plus that desert sun is brutal in the summer!

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

10. icetoev

icetoev Member

Signature Glass does good work, but their ceramic film has a brown-ish tint. If you're picky about the shade of tint, then I suggest getting a different brand. I get my tint done at Protective Film Solutions which uses XPEL or 3m crystalline tint. They do good work and always have several tesla's in the shop. Ask for Jason.

• Like x 1
  11. rickdogg82

rickdogg82 Member

Bummer. They did a great job on mine along with great communication and prompt service.

12. S2000

S2000 Member

I got dust bubbles on most windows especially the windshield and back. They had to redo most of the windows but it actually look worse the second time around. They blamed it on Tesla's windows and the 3M Crystalline film being difficult to work on...