Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking recommendations for window tint shops in Orange County area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Just got my M3 on Saturday evening. I’m super stoked but now I need to get my windows tinted. Can anyone recommend a great tint shop in Orange County and if possible give me an estimate of what you paid for your M3?

Congrats on your new M3!

I've been driving my M3 for two years now, live in OC, and never felt the need for glass tint. OEM windows are dark enough, and the Tesla climate control is probably the most efficient I've seen. I just use a good windshield shade for when I park outside. My advice would be to save your budget for clear bra PPF and Opticoat which benefits have paid off many times for me.

Congrats on your new M3!

I've been driving my M3 for two years now, live in OC, and never felt the need for glass tint. OEM windows are dark enough, and the Tesla climate control is probably the most efficient I've seen. I just use a good windshield shade for when I park outside. My advice would be to save your budget for clear bra PPF and Opticoat which benefits have paid off many times for me.

I need the tint. I go back and forth between OC and Palm Springs and I’m in the desert most of the summer! I also got the white seats so it doesn’t look as dark as the black seats. Plus that desert sun is brutal in the summer!

Signature Glass does good work, but their ceramic film has a brown-ish tint. If you're picky about the shade of tint, then I suggest getting a different brand. I get my tint done at Protective Film Solutions which uses XPEL or 3m crystalline tint. They do good work and always have several tesla's in the shop. Ask for Jason.

Reactions: kkres
Bummer. They did a great job on mine along with great communication and prompt service.

I got dust bubbles on most windows especially the windshield and back. They had to redo most of the windows but it actually look worse the second time around. They blamed it on Tesla's windows and the 3M Crystalline film being difficult to work on...