Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Reputable Installer for BlackVue 650 in Tri-State Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for an reputable installer the installation of a BlackVue 650 in the Tri-State area (Tesla Installtion Experiance a must). I already contacted an installer recommended on the forum and they want to charge $825.00 (stateing that it would take 5.5 hours). Most of the documentation and comments that I've read state that it should take no more than 4 hours for a novice and 2 hours for a professional installer. I'm somewhat handy but prefer a professional when it comes to performing this task.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Wow! Outrageous pricing. They must think since you drive a Tesla, the money bills are falling out of your pockets. Installing a BlackVue 650 is a piece of cake. I did my own on a freezing day in February in less than 2 hours. Since then I have done 2 more to fellow drivers in less time. I am at the Great Barrington Mass. street car show tomorrow afternoon and if you were there I would install it for you for the price of dinner.

Reactions: NYEVDriver
Wow! Outrageous pricing. They must think since you drive a Tesla, the money bills are falling out of your pockets. Installing a BlackVue 650 is a piece of cake. I did my own on a freezing day in February in less than 2 hours. Since then I have done 2 more to fellow drivers in less time. I am at the Great Barrington Mass. street car show tomorrow afternoon and if you were there I would install it for you for the price of dinner.

I may take you up on your offer in the fall (if you don't mind :) ). I have vacation and conferences scheduled over the next month but will be available to take a trip to Mass in September.

Chopr147: There is power in the microphone area. If you search my name, you will see a thread I started for that topic. If you are only installing the front camera, it is fast and easy. The wiring for the rear camera can be a pain.

. I already contacted an installer recommended on the forum and they want to charge $825.00 (stateing that it would take 5.5 hours)

Are you talking about After F/X Customs that I suggested? Yeah, that's crazy expensive. They charged me a little over $1000 to install a hard-wired Belltronics STiR+ radar detector that took a day and a half. The Blackview? 2 hours, TOPS.

I use Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY they also did my radar, tints, xpel wrap. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my cars. Ask for Eddie he's the owner and he personally does the work on the cars. It didn't take him too long to install the BlackVue 650 for me. I know they are busy if you have any issue scheduling an appointment just message me.

Are you talking about After F/X Customs that I suggested? Yeah, that's crazy expensive. They charged me a little over $1000 to install a hard-wired Belltronics STiR+ radar detector that took a day and a half. The Blackview? 2 hours, TOPS.

Yes, It was F/X Customs. They quoted me 5.5 Hours to install the BlackVue Camera. It's interesting that they did the same work for you in less than 2 hours. I think I will pass. Thanks for the suggestion

Chopr147: There is power in the microphone area. If you search my name, you will see a thread I started for that topic. If you are only installing the front camera, it is fast and easy. The wiring for the rear camera can be a pain.
OK Thank you. I NEED! to get my car first :) Waiting,waiting patiently for delivery. Should have it in 2 weeks or less. :)

Took me about 7hrs, but only because I knew nothing about the car and had to go slow and experiment. I suspect 2-3hrs if I had to do it again. I am quite picky about my installs, not running the cable along the curtain airbags for example (simplest to do, but makes me wonder if it affects the airbag deployment), and don't want any wires showing except right next to the cameras (from the mirror cam and from the top of rear gate).

I use Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY they also did my radar, tints, xpel wrap. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my cars. Ask for Eddie he's the owner and he personally does the work on the cars. It didn't take him too long to install the BlackVue 650 for me. I know they are busy if you have any issue scheduling an appointment just message me.

I am still waiting for a quote from them. Their website is cool.