Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Tesla Tech for Quick Service in SF Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, wondering if we have any handy Tesla owners or technicians that want to make a few extra bucks, I wanted to tackle replacing my microswitch on my Model S door handle, wouldn't mind paying someone to do it and can come to you... Thanks in Advance.

Maybe talk with the SvC manager and ask why the fix wouldn't be appropriate in your case?

One possibility (you didn't mention the model year of your MS) is that Tesla probably wants to replace "first generation" handles (known to be trouble-prone) with the latest.

That's just a WAG, though.

Probably not far from the truth though. They'll be replacing microswitches forever if they don't try to fix the problem. That said, if they refuse to do the repair for pushing the "correct" part replacement, it should be goodwilled. I'd rather pay 150 bucks for the microswitch fix than 1000 bucks for the door handle.

Did you find your weekend person? I have the exact same issue. Rear passenger door handle not presenting (but door can be opened from the inside). Was quoted $770 at Sunnyvale. Frustrated as car literally just came off warranty! 2014 year model also.