TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Seeking Tesla Tech for Quick Service in SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'California' started by LP925, Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LP925

LP925 Member

Hi Guys, wondering if we have any handy Tesla owners or technicians that want to make a few extra bucks, I wanted to tackle replacing my microswitch on my Model S door handle, wouldn't mind paying someone to do it and can come to you... Thanks in Advance.

2. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

It looks like you have a refreshed Model S. Isn't the door handle covered under warranty still?

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Just curious: have you asked your local Service Center for a quote on the cost to do it?

If you pay a private party to do that and something goes wrong, you may regret your choice...
    I suspect that the avatar shown for member @LP925 is not his car. It looks like a Tesla marketing image to me.

4. LP925

LP925 Member

Out of warranty and I do go to service center, was told to replace whole door assembly even though it may just be the micro switch. Someone needs to open a Indy shop lol

My avatar pic is the one I want to trade my current MS in for LOL

5. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

I believe @Ingineer is in the Bay Area but a job like that is probably beneath him. :)

6. LP925

LP925 Member

LOL!