Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking UK Model X owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m living in Northern California and have been lucky enough to own a Model X for just over two years. I feel it’s the most amazing car ever built. My only regret regarding my Tesla is that I can’t share it with my father who is living in England. He turned 100 years old in June and no longer travels to the US. He is a big fan of Tesla, Elon Musk, and SpaceX.

I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to show my father a Model X and maybe give him a ride.

He is a US expat and was originally in England during WWII when he served in the US military as an aircraft mechanic at Alconbury andHonington Airfields. It was then that he met my mother, a British citizen. They were married and raised a family in California before retiring and returning to England about 45 years ago. They currently live in Baldock, North Hertfordshire County.

If anyone is interested and able to give an old man a thrill of a life time, I would be very grateful. I haven’t mentioned the idea to him, as I wouldn’t want to get his hopes up. Thank you so much for your consideration.
Michael Mersman

right in my area but I only have a MS P100D.
There are several MXs I see locally though, I would be sure somebody would love to help.

If you dont get any takers here, I can post on the (Tesla Owners UK (closed) facebook group, or of course I am sure you would be accepted to join yourself.

Another possibiliy would be if your father is good to travel appx 1 hour to Milton Keynes which is the nearest sales centre, a little closer but smaller would be the Cambridge showroom in Grand Arcade.

Happy to help if no direct offers show up.

Reactions: sidmini
Thank you for the feedback. I had considered taking him to a sales centre as I visit him a couple of times a year, but I think having an opportunity to visit with an owner would be much more meaningful if I can find someone in the area with an MX. I will definitely keep you in mind if I don't find an X owner. Your offer is much appreciated. Sorry to hear you "only" have an MS P100D;). My MX is a 90D. My only experience with an MS P100D was a loaner I had during my last annual servicing. It was pretty awesome! But I do hope I can get someone to show Dad the falcon wing doors flapping in the breeze. Thanks again!

right in my area but I only have a MS P100D.
There are several MXs I see locally though, I would be sure somebody would love to help.

If you dont get any takers here, I can post on the (Tesla Owners UK (closed) facebook group, or of course I am sure you would be accepted to join yourself.

Another possibiliy would be if your father is good to travel appx 1 hour to Milton Keynes which is the nearest sales centre, a little closer but smaller would be the Cambridge showroom in Grand Arcade.

Happy to help if no direct offers show up.

I've heard the UK group is great, something to do with giving all their referral kids Teslas to Childrens hospitals? It makes the pushing of codes on here lately to look even more greedy - so I'm sure they'd help. Please post on there and let us know.

Reactions: Terry_B58
Ompapa, I'm in Stanstead , 30ish miles away from Baldock, I have a Red Model x 100D, only 4.7s 0-60 I'm afraid :)
What schedule were you thinking, time ? date etc?
what would interest your dad more a ride or a look under the bonnet? Could take a trip to a show room to see the skateboard, as long as he's up to it

Member of TOGUK

Thank you for the feedback. I had considered taking him to a sales centre as I visit him a couple of times a year, but I think having an opportunity to visit with an owner would be much more meaningful if I can find someone in the area with an MX. I will definitely keep you in mind if I don't find an X owner. Your offer is much appreciated. Sorry to hear you "only" have an MS P100D;). My MX is a 90D. My only experience with an MS P100D was a loaner I had during my last annual servicing. It was pretty awesome! But I do hope I can get someone to show Dad the falcon wing doors flapping in the breeze. Thanks again!
Hi
Saw your post via the UK owners site...happy to help out if you would like...i have an MX 90D so same as yours 1 year old red with white interior.
I live in north west london so not so far to travel and would be happy to show/ take for a ride
regards David

I run TOGUK, we have several members in your fathers area that are willing to help. I’m in Milton Keynes in a Model S P100D as well should your father wish to join me for lunch one day? It would be my honour to take him out. If he’s still able to drive I could also arrange an overnight test drive for him. Many owners have also suggested it would be great fun to drive over to your fathers house en masse to show him all the cars but we don’t want to overload him. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards Will Fealey

I run TOGUK, we have several members in your fathers area that are willing to help. I’m in Milton Keynes in a Model S P100D as well should your father wish to join me for lunch one day? It would be my honour to take him out. If he’s still able to drive I could also arrange an overnight test drive for him. Many owners have also suggested it would be great fun to drive over to your fathers house en masse to show him all the cars but we don’t want to overload him. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards Will Fealey
Hello Will Thank you so much for your interest, support, and suggestions. I would like to coordinate something with you. I am hoping we might be able to do this during my next UK visit. I will be there from mid September to mid October. I will send you a private message with more details and to do some brain storming with you. This will be a real thrill for my Pop.

Hi
Saw your post via the UK owners site...happy to help out if you would like...i have an MX 90D so same as yours 1 year old red with white interior.
I live in north west london so not so far to travel and would be happy to show/ take for a ride
regards David
Thank you for your generous offer. I had so many great responses. I will try to coordinate something with Will and TOGUK.