Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Volunteers, Everett Community College EV day 4/18/16 and 4/19/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Owners!

I am working on setting up an EV day for Spring quarter. We put together these events for ENGR 111, Introduction to Engineering where students learn basic engineering analysis through hands-on projects. One of our projects is based on Electric Vehicles. Students perform calculations to compare the cost and environmental impact of electric versus internal combustion vehicles.

We've ran this project for over two years now and each time it has been amazing due to the generous participation from owners on this forum! Those of you who have participated, I can't thank you enough for volunteering your time!

Here is an article in our student newspaper about the event last quarter: Teslas: The Way of the Future on Campus

I am looking for volunteers who would like to show off their cars to a group of enthusiastic engineering students. We normally start off with a 30 - 40 minute question and answer session and then gave rides to students 4 at a time. It is completely up to you whether you would like to take students on short rides (no students will be driving) and it is definitely not required.

I became an EV owner recently by purchasing a 2011 Leaf so I'll be bringing it for rides as well. I know....not as much fun as a Tesla. I've also got my $1000 down for a Model 3 (waited in line for 3 hours), so hopefully I'll be upgrading soon.

We have multiple sections of this course so I am arranging two different days. Here are the times and dates:

- Monday April 18th from 10:30 - 1:30 (with cafeteria lunch provided 11:50 - 12:20).
- Tuesday April 19th from 4:30 - 6:00 pm

We are located at 2000 Tower Street in Everett. There are blink chargers located on campus (Level 2, 30 AMP).

If you can only make one session or even only come for a short time we would still love to have you!
Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

You can send me a PM or email me at jgraber at everettcc dot edu.

Thanks!
Joe

I am starting to get a little nervous here. So far I have only heard from 1 person who can definitely come. If you have ever thought about coming to one of these events I encourage you to come to this one. We really need the help and it will be a bigger audience because it is part of our Earth Week Celebration.

Please let me know as soon as you can if you plan on joining us.

Thanks for your support of Engineering Education in Everett.

Thanks Saleen09 and ChadS for getting back to me. We currently have a Tesla (Saleen09), a Kia Soul, a Leaf, and an EV F250 for Monday the 18th. We would love to have more volunteers so let me know if anyone else can make it.

On Tuesday we only have one Volunteer at this point so we are really looking for more people who can join us.

Thanks!

Six, I responded to your email with details, but I will post them here as well in case anyone else chooses to join us at the last minute.

Both events will take place at the same location on the Everett Community College campus at 2000 Tower Street in Everett (98201). The cars will be displayed on campus. Volunteers are asked to meet in Parking lot F at the times listed below. You should see me or a Colleague as you pull in, if you don't just give me a call or text at 4 two 5 202 JOEG (5634). We will guide you along a walking path (very drive-able) to park in a covered area in front of Gray Wolf Hall (building 7 on map). Here is a map of campus: http://www.everettcc.edu/files/admi...rvices/security/parking/parking-map-print.png

Times to meet:

Monday 4/18 - meet at 10:30 am
Tuesday 4/19 - meet at 4:30 pm

Breser, we would love to have you join us. We currently have 3 model S's coming on Tuesday so if it is too much of a hassle, we can catch you at the next event in October.

Thank you everyone for your support!