Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Volunteers for an EV Project at Everett Community College 1/26/16 and 1/27/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Owners!

It is that time of the quarter again, time for Everett Community College's EV day. We put together these events for ENGR 111, Introduction to Engineering where students learn basic engineering analysis through hands-on projects. One of our projects is based on Electric Vehicles. Students perform calculations to compare the cost and environmental impact of electric versus internal combustion vehicles.

We've ran this project every quarter for a little over two years now and each time it has been amazing due to the generous participation from owners on this forum! Those of you who have participated, I can't thank you enough for volunteering your time!

This event has a huge impact on the students. I can honestly say that I have never seen students as excited to learn as after they step out of a Tesla (especially those cars set to Insane mode). I also saw many attitudes change. Students became passionate about electric cars and want to know more about how they work.

I am looking for volunteers who would like to show off their cars to a group of enthusiastic engineering students. We normally start off with a 45 minute question and answer session and then gave rides to students 4 at a time. It is completely up to you whether you would like to take students on short rides (no students will be driving) and it is definitely not required. There should be one or two Leafs there at the same time that students will be able to ride in. So if you are hesitant to let students ride along, don't let that stop you from coming.

We have multiple sections of this course so I am arranging two different days. Here are the times and dates:

Tuesday, January 26th from 4:30pm - 6pm
Wednesday, January 27th from 10:30am - 1:30pm, (cafeteria lunch provided from 11:50 - 12:20)

We are located at 2000 Tower Street in Everett. There are blink chargers located on campus (Level 2, 30 AMP).

If you can only make one session or even only come for a short time we would still love to have you!
Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

You can send me a PM or email me at jgraber at everettcc dot edu.

Thanks!
Joe

I won't be able to make it this time around due to other work commitments.

To anyone that hasn't gone to this before, it's a very worthwhile project. You get a chance to show the car to engineering students and help change perceptions of EVs in general. I'd highly recommend going.

These have been fun in the past - and for those that haven't been, grabjoe and the others have all been great.

I plan to be there with my Roadster on Weds Jan 27. I might be able to bring my wife's Model S and be able to give more rides, but she hates to commit to giving up the car more than a day in advance.

Thank you everyone for your support. breser, MikeBur, we will miss you guys this quarter. RPO and ChadS, I look forward to seeing you.

So far it looks like we have 3 people on Tuesday and only RPO and ChadS on Wednesday. We could use a couple more volunteers for each day. So if you have been thinking about joining us, let me know. Also feel free to reach out to any of your friends/coworkers/etc. that might want to join us. All EVs are welcome (Leafs, e500s, i3s, etc.).

Hey Joe. Not sure yet of travel commitments, but if I am in town, I would like to participate on the 27th. I have done car shows at Redmond Town Center for the last 3 years and really enjoy talking about my second Model S. Should be able to confirm very soon. Although my new Model S is a 70D, it still gets your heart pumping when you hit the accelerator. Appreciate your support of future engineers and EV owners!

MJTGroup, Saleen09, psingram, thanks for volunteering, I look forward to seeing you!

Alright! I am very excited for the EV day this quarter. It looks like we have a lot of participation. Plus we will have some new vehicles that we have never had before such as a BMW i3, a converted F250 pickup, and possibly a dune buggy. In addition, we have a tesla technician giving a short presentation. So it will be a lot of fun and will definitely cause some excitement on campus.

The first session is tonight (Tuesday 1/26) from 4:30 - 6:00 pm
The second session is tomorrow (Wednesday 1/27) from 10:30 am - 1:30 pm (with lunch break from 11:50 - 12:20)

Please meet me on campus in Parking Lot F. Here is a campus map: http://www.everettcc.edu/files/administration/college-services/security/parking/parking-map-print.pdf

I will lead you on the campus walkway (very drive-able) to park under the covered area in front of Building 7.

Please email me (jgraber at everettcc.edu) if you need a parking permit for any non-EVs. Also keep my number handy in case you have questions. Four two five 2 zero 2 - 56 three 4.

See you soon!