Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seems just a little insane -- Quickest Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is strange, we have found a way to make a vehicle faster but less fun and engaging. Since going fast in an EV is relatively easy, I think manufacturers are going to have to focus on other aspects of the driving experience to appeal to enthusiasts. Sound, handling, styling, weight, suspension dynamics, driving engagement, etc. are all going to play a much more important role than just being crank out lightning fast 0-60mph times. In the not too distant future, your typical soccer mom EV minivan is going to knock out 3 second 0-60mph times, but that doesn't mean it will be any fun to drive. :)

Reactions: Dcam and E90alex
It is strange, we have found a way to make a vehicle faster but less fun and engaging. Since going fast in an EV is relatively easy, I think manufacturers are going to have to focus on other aspects of the driving experience to appeal to enthusiasts. Sound, handling, styling, weight, suspension dynamics, driving engagement, etc. are all going to play a much more important role than just being crank out lightning fast 0-60mph times. In the not too distant future, your typical soccer mom EV minivan is going to knock out 3 second 0-60mph times, but that doesn't mean it will be any fun to drive. :)
I wish all those "driving enthusiasts" would avoid commuter times, so my commutes were faster. All that "stop & go" is mind/soul numbing.

I did notice all the shoppers & sales people at StealerShips were talking about "Sound, handling, styling, weight, suspension dynamics, driving engagement, etc." while shopping for their cars & trucks. /s

I think that is the next stage of the competition for EVs. Speed started off as a novelty, and I think it will continue to grow. But, I agree other driving factors, will be the differentiators.