Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selecting Options on March 31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's my understanding that for the deposit on March 31 in the store, I will not need to indicate any options. I assume this is correct since a list of options will most likely not be available for some time to come. Is this correct? Thanks.

At this point it's all speculation... But everyone here will tell you that you are just putting down $1000 to gain a place in the reservation system, which will indicate who gets to configure their car first, which will take place in 2017 according to the current schedule.

i'll add that, it would be pretty unrealistic for them to ask us to choose these things now anyways... Most of us will need time to decide on the options, and they will be trying to process as many reservations as possible, as fast as possible. Plus we won't know the options until later that day.

Last edited:
I don't think there will be any options for you to choose. That will be in the order confirmed status. Tesla may not have decided what will be option and what will not be. They may also come up with more options in the next year so it is not likely for them to give you a list of options on Mar 31. Also at that stage you're basically confirming your order and placing it and the deposit won't be refundable too.