Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self Built Spare Tire Compartment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Amp Dup or others: it looks like a ModernSpare kit will completely fit in the underneath section (the trunk well) of the Model X 5-seater. Is it correct that the cargo cover completely covers everything yet sits totally flush so that the entire back area is still completely flat for storage?
Picture shows it fitting. And adapter needed for rear. Thanks to those who posted on this thread, I've not had a total tire failure yet in 5 yrs, but close to it, and will implement this measure in my 5 seater. Booya!

Useful thread.

I just got a modern spare for 2022 Mx. fits very nicely the same as other guys pic.

Very painful to spend $550 including shipping. But it’s the only company that has a lot of reviews on Amazon. Making it less chance that it won’t work well.

Useful thread.

I just got a modern spare for 2022 Mx. fits very nicely the same as other guys pic.

Very painful to spend $550 including shipping. But it’s the only company that has a lot of reviews on Amazon. Making it less chance that it won’t work well.
Hi. Can you post a link to the tire and company on Amazon that you purchased yours from, please?

Hi. Can you post a link to the tire and company on Amazon that you purchased yours from, please?
It’s modern spare. They have own site also same price.

I got the one with tools. No carrying case.

It bothers me how expensive it is but it really looks and feels well made. Definitely not an “MIC” feel.

Also again having reviews on Amazon is important for me. And honestly I would be VERY wary of companies NOT selling on Amazon. Like why not nowadays. Yes Amazon takes a cut but just adjust your price.

Also, if I would be like the other guy on here that actually tested it on his car in his driveway and maybe I would just buy anything but there’s no way I am ever going to test this except if I need it in an emergency and I feel more comfortable knowing that This product has the highest chance of being good quality and fit well, etc.

Reactions: Akikiki