Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self charging Tesla??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, yesterday, I charged my Y on a free Destination Charger in my town. Car was at 81% (also confirmed this with Tezlab which keeps track) when I left. Drove home and arrived at 80% at my home. I did NOT plug in the car at home. So, this morning, I wake up and the SoC is 82%. I would assume that this is the BMS calibrating but 2%??? On my Kona, I have see a fluctuation of about 1% but 2% seems quite the fluctuation.. I could see how the charge would go down 2% but going up 2%???

Periodically the Tesla Model Y will enter sleep mode, if for an extended period (I read for at least 4 hours) the battery management system can measure the open cell voltage (OCV) within the battery pack and re-calibrate the BMS.

It is possible that as summer approaches with the ambient temperature increase the battery performs better. I would something similar in my 2017 Volt; the estimated total range would start to increase starting in spring and continue to increase until early summer although my driving pattern remained the same.

Reactions: FloridaSun