Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self Driving Advantages and Disadvantages?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Tesla's self-driving mode....

The talk is more like a guess, not a fact.

It's just like going to mars. I believe it will happen but it is till a guess, not a fact.

A) Advantages:

1) Safety:

Driverless does not mean it will not cause accidents and deaths. It will just cause less. Even in this state of imperfection, it will still save lots of lives.

2) "Driving" independence:

Disabilities will no longer a cause for not owning a car because you "drive" with a driverless option. Technically, you will be a rider but independence wise, you are practically "driver" who can dictate your own destinations and schedules at any time...

Ederly drivers who must give up their driver licenses will gain their independence of owning a car back with driverless option.

3) Wealth:

Your car can pick up passengers and make money for you and you don't have to drive them.

B) Disadvantages:

1) Danger:

It will just cause less accidents and deaths which means it will still be imperfect.

2) Cost:

It could be an expensive initial investment.

3) Job loss:

It will replace driving jobs and cause massive unemployment.

I'm doing a research project on Tesla's self-driving mode. What do you all think the advantages and disadvantages are to this option? And if you can focus on safety. I need to ask others for my research so I thought I would ask on here. Thanks
Tesla Full Self Driving is pure vapourware at this time, so any advantages or disadvantages are entirely speculation. There is lane keeping which Tesla calls AutoPilot, but even there you have 2 distinct hardware versions of it that perform differently at this time, so different advantages or disadvantages. Don't get confused by names either, for example Enhanced Auto Pilot today for example is actually less capable than the un-enhanced/original Auto Pilot at this time - and yes, one day it should be better, but you'll have to wait for that day to come to see what its advantages or disadvantages are. I think you'll need to do a bit of research, dig deeper and clarify what you are asking about.

Reactions: deonb