Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self Park on 2022.44.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the update and was wanting to try out the new self park between two lines. It didnt seem to trigger the “P” when I tried. The release notes on my car didnt mention this feature but was assuming all Model 3 were getting it if you had self-park. I have a 2018 LR AWD HW2.5. Does anyone know if this update provided this to my vehicle?

Thanks!

Just got the update and was wanting to try out the new self park between two lines. It didnt seem to trigger the “P” when I tried. The release notes on my car didnt mention this feature but was assuming all Model 3 were getting it if you had self-park. I have a 2018 LR AWD HW2.5. Does anyone know if this update provided this to my vehicle?
Did you pay $10K for FSD feature?
If not, then no autopark for you:

a

I have enhanced autopilot with self park already included with the vehicle but just not sure if I am getting the update where it will park with the lines only. In other words, doesn’t need cars on either side.

Things might change but for now Vertical self-parking without cars on either sides seems to be available to MCU2 with HW3 or higher for Model 3, Y, 2021 S, and X (MCU3).

Reactions: rfgarza8
2020 MX FSD, not familiar with MCUs HWs whatever (WTF is all that?). Anyway the park assist came up once while backing into a space in a private parking lot, end space with a big truck next to the space on the other side. It worked OK, but it ended with the car too far off-center. I was surprised when the UI for self-park appeared! But now, for the life of me, I cannot get it to activate. And what is “vertical” about self-park? <confused boomer>

• Funny
Reactions: GeoG
2020 MX FSD, not familiar with MCUs HWs whatever (WTF is all that?). Anyway the park assist came up once while backing into a space in a private parking lot, end space with a big truck next to the space on the other side. It worked OK, but it ended with the car too far off-center. I was surprised when the UI for self-park appeared! But now, for the life of me, I cannot get it to activate. And what is “vertical” about self-park? <confused boomer>

MCU is your central screen display module.

HW is HardWare, your car's computer

Vertical is misnomer. It should be perpendicular but I got senile as I was trying to find a word that is not parallel and my thoughts came out wrong. Sorry.

Reactions: JulienW

Vertical is misnomer. It should be perpendicular but I got senile as I was trying to find a word that is not parallel and my thoughts came out wrong. Sorry.
Thanks for the jargon help. Now I just need to find out how to trigger this feature ha ha ha.

Yes, the new Perpendicular Park in Vision based (legacy Park is ultrasonic and why it can only park next to cars) and a subset of the FSD Beta Stack. So you will need HW3 (aka: FSD computer).