Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self parking competition: Audi Vs Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I long stopped using Tesla auto park. Especially considering it gave my wheels curb rash!

I drove my sister-in-laws Ford about 8 years ago, it's park assist was way better. Still needed to actually push the gas peddle, however it did the turning itself and worked every time!

Last 4? Cars I’ve owned had “self parking” capabilities. Honestly, they all sucked. I’ll give Volvo credit, they had a “park out” function, that would pull the car out of a parallel park situation, that was kinda cool. The Tesla system is cool because you don’t have to actually shift the car from D to R , and work the brake pedal like I had to on the Volvo’s. But otherwise, they all suck, and I only used them as a “novelty”, like “smart summon”.

Last 4? Cars I’ve owned had “self parking” capabilities. Honestly, they all sucked. I’ll give Volvo credit, they had a “park out” function, that would pull the car out of a parallel park situation, that was kinda cool. The Tesla system is cool because you don’t have to actually shift the car from D to R , and work the brake pedal like I had to on the Volvo’s. But otherwise, they all suck, and I only used them as a “novelty”, like “smart summon”.
Your smart summon works? Lol mine always has some sort of error

Like this
1662170230208.png

All it needed to do was pull out of the spot and drive forward 😅

Reactions: Mark II