Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self presenting drivers door stopped working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that after the latest software update, my self presenting door stopped presenting itself when I walk up. I confirmed it can still open and close automatically using the key fob and toggled the button in the settings off and on but no change. I even rebooted the system

Any one else have this issue?

Thanks
Mark

Ok. Glad I’m not crazy. I was showing how cool that feature was to my family in my brand new X. Looked like a fool when it wouldn’t open multiple times. Kept running away and running back to no open door. Lol.

I can’t even find it in the menu anymore to turn it on or off. Guess it went away for some reason. Hope it comes back soon.

I got 28.2 it made my selfie presentation not working, the. Same when I got the 28.3, I made an appointment to service center, I am also waiting on the new update which is out but I did not get it yet

9F47F17F-FB5B-4A30-8672-1A63F1F5ECEC.jpeg
I had this issue, the SC had to replace a few parts, heres a screenshot

Great information. Was you door opening and closing if you pushed the keyfob button?
Mine functions fine with the keyfob, just not the auto open on approach.
Yup worked fine otherwise so i thought i was crazy. Opens and closes with key fob or mcu, would even close with brake. I tried the resets where you slowly close the door.

Ultimately its more than likely the BCM, theres quite a few threads on it.

I have had mine replaced a couple times. Body control unit.

I have an appt Tuesday for the same thing. It happened just after I got 28.3.1, so I thought it was a software problem. but apparently not. I am almost embarrassed to take it in for such a piddly problem, but it is amazing what you get used to on these things. "I have to press a button to open the door?"