Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self-referral supercharging miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In early June, I traded-in my 2016 MS for a 2019 MS, and the sales rep assured me that I could use my own referral code to earn 5,000 miles of supercharging when it was being offered.
I emailed the supercharging team within days to inquire as to when I would get it. First they told me 6 weeks. Then they told me 10 business days thereafter, then they told me 10 more business days, and now they tell me they have no ETA.
it's been two and a half months since delivery and still nothing.

Has anyone else tried getting self-referral supercharging miles?

I never got mine from an April delivery. Multiple responses from Tesla support assuring me they would show up. Still NOTHING. I’ve given up. My (self) referral shows up in my app and account nonetheless.

Same here, it shows in my account and app.
That's very disappointing to hear. While I love the car and the mobile service, I've had several issues with administrative employees screwing things up or not doing their job.

Same here, it shows in my account and app.
That's very disappointing to hear. While I love the car, the company is terrible. I've had several issues with employees screwing things up or not doing their job.
Welcome to Tesla! We’re on our fourth, and despite the company’s MANY shortcomings, we keep returning. I’ve tried even test driving other cars, but they just totally suck comparatively speaking.

same here, june purchase, self referral. Looks like someone who I don't know got use of my referral code- their name is in loot box as a referral (but I didn't get anything in return). Wondering if a Tesla employee is the name in question and they got some free miles out of this? I reached out to the referral program and got a generic reply they would look into it. Nothing yet.

Yes, love the cars but the buying process is literally the worst I've ever seen.

Having said that, this is really some thing like $50 of free supercharging (my math is probably not accurate) and really not a big deal financially. Would stil be nice if things went as promised however.

I bought a m3 last summer. in may I bought a 2nd one using my own referral code. I was credited with 10,000 free supercharger miles. unfortunately they expire after 6 months. i'll probably be able to use 5000 of them before they go away.

Surprising to me it can be so different for electricity across the different states.
10-12 cents here in Texas is common. And several have free nights and weekends so people charge at night.
This is why after exploring solar panel options for my home I just can’t make the numbers work well enough to pull the trigger.
Take way too long to be in the green.

Looks like Tesla is monitoring this discussion. A few days ago I saw the miles magically appear in my app, 10,000 total, 5,000 for being a referee and 5,000 for being the referral, which should last me 6 months x 2 = 1 year total. That's about $550 in home charging value (at $0.19/kw with LADWP). I'm happy with Tesla again :)

Last edited:
Reactions: quickstrike12