Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self-referring with new P3D referral program (order already placed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out if there is a way to apply a (self-)referral code to an existing P3D order? This would be for the case of a current owner who has a P3D on order (and the order was placed before the recent change to add P3Ds to the referral program...).

Thanks!

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to apply a (self-)referral code to an existing P3D order? This would be for the case of a current owner who has a P3D on order (and the order was placed before the recent change to add P3Ds to the referral program...).

Thanks!
If you don't have any other referrals, self referral is a bit of a waste. Some people are one away from getting Powerwall, worth $5500, but self referring will get you a HPWC worth $500.

I'm sure if you use the code of someone needing one more for a Powerwall, they'll give you a HPWC (or some other referral prize) and maybe even the next referral they get.

If you don't have any other referrals, self referral is a bit of a waste. Some people are one away from getting Powerwall, worth $5500, but self referring will get you a HPWC worth $500.

I'm sure if you use the code of someone needing one more for a Powerwall, they'll give you a HPWC (or some other referral prize) and maybe even the next referral they get.

No other referrals in the current program ... but I wouldn't consider getting an HPWC to be "a bit of a waste" ...

Thanks!

I haven't heard of anyone getting it done - but I would like it for the HPWC as well....

Don't have one?

Any orders (up until recently) would have been web orders, no sales person involved. I actually pinged my OA (who sold us our last car) at the time of my order to see if he could place the order (so he would get credit for it), and he said at that time (in June) they they had no way to place Model3 orders yet. So I placed it on the web. I'm going to check in again with him now to see if he knows how it can be added.

I was just trying to add a referral to my order which I originally placed in July for AWD but changed on August 1st to Performance due to the recent announcement of supercharging and I was already going back and forth on Performance.

Customer Service at Tesla told me that prior to August 1st no orders qualified for referral. Essentially only orders originally placed on August 1st or after are the ones that qualify for referrals.

They did confirm all orders placed prior to August 1st will get the supercharging without referral.

Maybe someone else reading this thread is in the same position. Provided you and other person have a referral code to give out, you could just agree to refer each other so both of you get one referral.

I was just trying to add a referral to my order which I originally placed in July for AWD but changed on August 1st to Performance due to the recent announcement of supercharging and I was already going back and forth on Performance.

Customer Service at Tesla told me that prior to August 1st no orders qualified for referral. Essentially only orders originally placed on August 1st or after are the ones that qualify for referrals.

They did confirm all orders placed prior to August 1st will get the supercharging without referral.

Actually what he said. I did not read original post carefully enough.

The benefit of adding the referral is not on the refer-ee side (i.e. the free supercharging), but rather on the refer-er side (i.e. a free HPWC that I could put to good use).

This is where it was that I was told that no order placed for Model 3 Performance prior to August 1st qualified for the benefits for the Refer-er. The referral program for M3 Performance kicked off on August 1st. But I'm going to try and talk to advisor when I finally get a vin assigned. The referral benefits right now are the least of my concern. Get me a car

Reactions: preilly44
Practically all the orders pre-referral code would have

Lifetime premium data.

If you tried to mess with the order to apply a code, wouldnt it mess that up?

This is what they warned me when I changed my order. I self referred, but that change occurred on the 8/10 so, I should be good there....the question is whether or not I keep my premium connectivity since that was the original order date....