Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self-Tinting - Need Window Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the automated window dropping an inch when the door opens, any trick to moving the windows up 100% when the door is open? I'm planning on tinting the front two windows, but would like to have the window move so I can work with the tint on the lower portion of the window.

I've tinting a lot in my older days, figured I'd be able to do this as the shops charge what I seem is a lot as well. I have a MY and the backs are done already, wanted to do the front doors with UV/ceramic protection. I'm in PA and 70% is legal. That's barely any tint at all. Anyone recommend a good tint to get that has 55% or 70% options?

You should do the backs, might as well while you're at it. They are dyed and not tinted so offer very little heat rejection. If its dark enough for you then just do 70% ceramic.

I'm planning to DIY too with llumar film from ebay...shops around here wants close to $1K to tint with ceramic...

You should do the backs, might as well while you're at it. They are dyed and not tinted so offer very little heat rejection. If its dark enough for you then just do 70% ceramic.

I'm planning to DIY too with llumar film from ebay...shops around here wants close to $1K to tint with ceramic...

I'm assuming the roof glass is UV protected, but not the rear windows. Just dyed. I will check out llumar, I want the black type of color tint not the blue so it matches.

I'm assuming the roof glass is UV protected, but not the rear windows. Just dyed. I will check out llumar, I want the black type of color tint not the blue so it matches.

All glass is UV protected, you're looking for IR protection to reject heat. the roof glass has factory IR rejection coating but is not enough for some people or hot climates. The roof is a pretty big undertaking for DIY though, and you'll need to get 60" wide film.

All glass is UV protected, you're looking for IR protection to reject heat. the roof glass has factory IR rejection coating but is not enough for some people or hot climates. The roof is a pretty big undertaking for DIY though, and you'll need to get 60" wide film.
I'm fine with the roof for now. Have you used Llumar tint before? I've found LLUMAR FormulaOne Stratos Nano Ceramic that has 70%

I'm fine with the roof for now. Have you used Llumar tint before? I've found LLUMAR FormulaOne Stratos Nano Ceramic that has 70%

sorry no personal experience with it. i have read of good stuff about it from various forums. i plan to try it out soon. I see ebay also has 3m crystalline tint. That should be very good quality and is certainly priced that way.