Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sell 18 inch Michelin MXM4 and upgrade to 19 inch wheels and tires for summer. Yeah or Nay?

sell 18 inch Michelin MXM4 and upgrade to 19 inch wheels and tires for summer. Yeah or Nay?

• yeah

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • nay

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I own a model 3 SR+ with 18 inch aero wheels. As soon I have the car delivered, I swap out the stock Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires for a new set of winter tire onto the stock 18 inch aero wheel. Where I live snow alot during winter so I intend to use winter tires all the time during winter.

But Now I have stock Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires sitting in basement and I have a decision to make for the summer.

keep the 18 inch stock Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires and just buy new 18 inch wheels for the stock tires for summer
or
sell 18 inch stock Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires and buy brand new 19 inch tires and wheel for the the summer

Which would you guys go for ?

Keep the 18, best range. If you are not enamored with the look, take the wheel covers off and put on the hub caps.

It's all a matter of what you want. There are some folks who would have to rip off anything that comes from the factory.

Don't see much point in getting new 19" tires unless you want more summer performance type than the all seasons you have.
But I imagine your Spring and Fall may have mixed weather with some days too warm for winter tires and others too cold or even snow for summer tires so all season is better.

If going all season anyway, seems a waste to me and would just get aftermarket 18" rims you like better than the Aero's for the spare tires you own already.